Latest College Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worsley947

Established Member
Reaction score
A while ago I asked if anyone could help me with plans for a rocking chair but to no avail, so along with some others at college and a photo of a sam maloof chair we came up with a design and this is my rocking chair

Rockers clamped in a homemade jig
ebay11-11116.jpg

Rockers with extra pieces of timber glued and morticesd to take the legs
ebay11-11115.jpg

Almost finished just needs sanding and oiling
ebay11-11121.jpg

Had an english tutor asking me if I would like to sell it to her

Thats not me in the background its james one of our level 3 group member.
I started to make the chair completely out of Afromosia but the rockers kept cracking in the jig and as i'm a poor student (Ha Ha) I couldn't buy any more so got hold of steamed beach so made the rockers out of this, to help blend it together with the afromosia I also made the back slats out of beech and also put in a dowl plug through the arm and into the front leg
All rockers, front and back legs and the back slats are lamminated with a solid crest rail and seat maid up of 5 angled pieces of timber glued together sam maloof style

All thoughts greatly apprecited

Dave

That looks very nice - Well done - make sure you do it justice with the quality of your finishing.

I like that, I've seen a few Maloof chairs (some very nice ones posted by members of this very forum) I'm a fan.

It'll be interesting to see how the Beech goes with the Afromosia when the finish goes on.

=D> =D>

Latest posts

Back