Lateral adjuster - anyone got a spare?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a Record 5 1/2 off the bay recently and the seller forgot to disclose that the lateral adjuster was broken - the button which sits in the blade channel is missing

Does anybody happen to have a spare knocking about???

Cheers

Karl

Karl it looks like that this is the model where the did away with the round button and just bent the lever up instead.
It may have been pushed down and not be able to mate up with the blade slot.

Andy

Thanks Andy - that makes sense. Not seen one like that before, and the two little scraps of metal on the round bit led me to think that something had broken off.

Cheers

Karl

toolsntat":35p5x5wr said:
Karl it looks like that this is the model where the did away with the round button and just bent the lever up instead.
It may have been pushed down and not be able to mate up with the blade slot.

Andy
+1
I have a Record 5 1/2 with an adjuster like that, bought about 1980. I have replaced the horrid pressed metal "Y" lever with a "solid" one.

Thanks guys - little bit of prying with a screwdriver and all's good again.

Cheers

Karl

Picked up on this slightly late. If it now works to your satisfaction, don't worry about it, if not, old frogs are fairly readily available for no. 4s, 5s, and halves, etc for about £2-3 from second hand tool dealers. Sometimes you can still find the older machined frogs, with the larger bearing surface for about the same money. No.3s seem to be a rarity.
Mike

Latest posts

Back