last projesct

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
just finished this, A wayne Mahler pattern, out of stack cut 3 mm Baltic birch plywood, I had to enlarge the original pattern to 160%, and should I do it again, would enlarge it to a3 size, just so my tired old eyes can see where the blade is going

take care
John

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 66
BER-LIME-Y John! What a lot of first class cutting. Not my style nor does it fit all that well with my personal sentiments, but that doesn't take one jot away from my admiration of the skill displayed. 👍 (Where IS that clapping hands we had before???)

VERY well done Sir!

Edit for a P.S. AND it's only about "30 secs ago" when you said you were going to do this. Fast work mate.

hi Andy it took 7 hours of cutting, and thanks or your comments greatly appreciated

take care
John

7 hours. OK (I THINK!) Presumably on your new Hegner?

As an aside, and NOT promoting him particularly, but if you visit Woodgears.ca (Matthias Wandel), he sells a very very easy to use little bit of software which you download from him (complete with "Tutorial", though as said, it really is simple). With that, you take any pattern of any size, and by fiddling with your printer settings (the Tutorial shows you exactly how) you can then print out the pattern to any size you like (it could be really big, over, example, 10 A4 sheets if you like).

And best of all, you choose 2 separate points somewhere suitable on the original pattern, according to the finished size wanted. Set that dimension to ANY real world dimension you like (any units you like) and Matthias' software does all the rest for you, spreading the newly-sized pattern over as many A4 sheets as it needs (WITH little alignment marks to show you exactly where to stick the sheets together for 100% accuracy). I can't remember exactly, but I think it cost me about 10 dollars (Canadian I guess). Oh, and I think it's called "Big Print", but you'll find it on his website very easily.

Very highly recommended, especially for "our" sort of work, AND especially by a real software Klutz like me! Of course usual disclaimers apply, I have no connection whatever with Matthias, I'm just a very satisfied customer

I don't mean to make myself a whole heap of work, but that's an absolute doddle for me in my drawing programme. If anyone needs something enlarging or reducing for printing to a certain size, spread over multiple pages if necessary, then let me know and I can do it via email and PDFs.

Very generous offer MikeG, thanks. But now I've "invested" in that software (and SO accurate and SO easy to use) then I'm OK of course.

BTW, I did try several other ways to enlarge/reduce, including Corel Draw, but find the Matthias software best of all for me. As said, I'm a definite software Klutz. :)

Hi again yes I am using the new Hegner, still getting used to it but getting there, I normally use poster resizer to do all my enlargements, it costs approximately $12 American for 3 months and one can us it as often as one wants, ,I enlarged this on my printer , I used resizer for the intarsia galleon and an intarsia eagle, that I am going to start soon

take care
John

Back