Last one for a bit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudormaker

Established Member
Reaction score
This was totally inspired by Chas, I followed his tutorial as close I could and ended up with this. Mahogany and Oak 4.5" X 3"
The reason for the title is that I already had a pain in my back that was even stopping me walking, I thought that it was much improved so went out to finish it off.
As I was putting things away I bent over and found that I was stuck could not stand up. To cut a long story short I have been confined to bed or a chair so wont be doing anything for a bit.

SAM_0001-1.jpg

SAM_0003.jpg

SAM_0002-1.jpg

like the piece, shame about the back.

whilst I wouldn't want to be seen to be advising on backs (despite a number of operations over 20 years) I do find that...
spindle turning, and the outside of bowls is a 'good position', and better than sitting etc.

a mix of lying down and 'passive standing' as above is good - what gets to the floor stays on the floor at times here!

You certainly made the most of the inspiration ,you can be well pleased with this piece .
The colours work extremely well for me ,thats apart from the superb job you did with the turning
and finishing, really really nice.
Sorry about your back problems hope you are over them soon .
Thank you.

Very nice, what I find particularly impressive is the fit of the curved segments in the lid. I can see how I would go about fitting the straight joints, but the curves must be tricky.

Sorry to hear about your back. I generally find hanging by my fingertips from a door for a few mins helps sort things out. One fine piece of turning, got me all reved up and ready to go but not ready yet some titivating of the machine and chuck required. I still hope to get a couple of candlesticks made though.

Latest posts

Back