Laser guided digital range finder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are any of you using a Laser guided digital range finder. Something like this:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=DLE150

I am interested in all price range. I am looking for a good value product while a friend is looking for something very accurate and reliable even if expensive. In both case it needs to be in metric and down to the millimeter.

Can you help and advise?

Hiya,

I'm looking for something like this too. It doesn't look like you can get better than 2-3mm accuracy for below about 500 quid! (Leica Disto Plus - ~1.5mm) Though, if you can do with ~2-3mm, you could go for the Leica Disto Lite 5 for 190+vat. The Bosch looks nice too, and if you can find a good price let me know.

I think I might just wait for the DLE 150 Connect, which has Bluetooth for sending data to a PocketPC. Cute, huh?

For Leica, try:
http://www.survsys.co.uk/equipment/sale ... egory_id=8

Martyn

Some of my clients use the Leica models.

Apparently they can dump the data straight from the Leica into Autocad to produce an accurate layout.

The guy who selected it for the company is very very very fussy and will only buy the best available, if he's happy with it then in all honesty it must be pretty good.

Only porblems I know they have had is

forgetting to bring them back from site visits, never to be seen again :cry:
dropping them, no suprises there :wink:
Having them nicked :evil:

Signal

I found this page for a good selection of devices:

http://www.yorksurvey.co.uk/products/34range.htm

Rattie, the DLE150 Connect looks really good but you really don't want to drop it at this price! Connecting to the PDA sounds brilliant though :D

So indeed it seems you can't get better than +/-3mm unless you pay big money. I guess for me this is acceptable. I only want something cheap enough to quickly get surface sizes for quotes. How about the Bosch DUS20 Plus @ £50? anyone has it?

the stanley one looks like its just a line generator, and yes, the 150 Connect is pure extortion right now. Maybe I'll just go for the Leica Lite and a pencil :wink:

If you're not too fussed about accuracy, the cheaper estimators, generally have a laser to sight, then use an ultrasonic beam to measure the distance, usually accurate to about a centimetre or so. That's what the Bosch DUS20 is.

Martyn

Hi all
I bought one from Aldi about four weeks ago, nice and compact, laser guided with ultrasonics for measuring. Worked in both imperial and metric and could do other things areas etc. it seemed to be going great guns till I actually checked the measurements. In three feet it was over an inch out and in sixteen feet it was out by a foot. When I took it back the manager said he had been inundated by returns I'll stick to the old method from now on.

Cheers

Drew

Back