Larger workshop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Want a bigger workshop? Read on

During the post xmas frenzy I managed to get in the workshop and actually make a few things :shock:

Needed space for my newly built router table and rearranged the kit which resulted in DOUBLE the floor space!!! I thought I had it sussed when we moved in a year ago and I carefully planned it out on paper but turned out that actually moving stuff around and trying ideas is better but a bit more sweaty :p

I would say it is well worth having a think and moving stuff around, the difference is amazing :wink:

Tip is to use the space under the bench for P/T etc. store

Tony
I know what you mean-over the holidays I did the same and was amazed how much bigger it seems. Also found lots of sawdust!!!!!!!
cheers
Philly :D

I'm running out of space saving ideas after 4 years of ..ahem, "aquisition". Something has to give and it's going to be end wall of the workshop. The one thing that nips my **** is having to constantly move stuff around like a game of musical tools to get a job done. :evil:

So 11' x 16' will become 11' x 23' in the summer 8) .

Tony":2zlp20dt said:
Hi all, Want a bigger workshop? Read on

Oh yes

Tony":2zlp20dt said:
rearranged the kit which resulted in DOUBLE the floor space!!!

Oh no. The only bit you missed is you have to have a bit of floor space to move stuff into. I'm absolutely full in my workshop. I've reorganised once, and all that happened was I moved more machines in :? :)

I can't find any additional space, can't even fit a dehumidifier in. :(

Adam

I think you are one of the clear exceptions to this rule Adam - even after extending the shed :cry:

I have found the roof useful for storing stock and tools on frames attached to it or on hooks bolted to the rafters...

Back