Large Holesaws ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your reply. I've got one of those from Screwfix but the problem is I need to use the piece I'm cutting out. I'm cutting larch planks (16" x 3/4"). Had hoped to use a holesaw but if none available it'll have to be a router.

Dog

I would have said that holesaws over 152mm would extremely difficult to use if you find them and the periperal speed would be pretty high too

Router with a trammel or jig would be better and won't leave a hole in the centre

Hi Dog,

Good to you are still around, I miss that signature line. :D

What have you been making?

I bet its a bit chilly under your tree at the moment. :wink:

Hi Dave, decided to come back after saying I wouldn't but life ain't predictable and things changed and anyway I missed this place :D

Sig is back where it belongs and will continue to be repeated forever more, catching a few out here and there :wink:

I have a solar powered heater fitted to the tree I'm under, the solar panel is located in Cuba, fed by fibre optics directly to my location, sheer bliss!

Back to reality, briefly, I've been making ornamental wheelbarrows as garden planters. Should have said the disc of wood I wanted to cut was infact the wheel of the barrow but you know me, always going the long way round to explain the purpose of the question :roll: :D

And yourself Dave, been making anything interesting ?

Dog.... if I remember right, Trend make a jig for just such a thing, designed so that both parts are useable after cutting em out... canna remember the diamater tho

Hi Dog, good to see you.

Just made a wall clock surround about 140mm diameter from some timber washed up on the beach. Made a simple trammel with some skinny ply screwed to the router base and a dowel to locate the various circle sizes. Worked very well. Other methods - band saw with circle guide, rough cut with jig saw and finish off on sander with the centre firmly located.

Noel

Thanks all, I'll have a go with the router and a home made jig and if that fails I'll try the Trend jig.

Currently using a holesaw to cut the 6" wheel for the barrows I'm making at present but will need to increase the wheel size for the next size up and eventually I hope to make full size barrows with iron band around wheel to prevent splitting, absolutely no reason at all why I can't do it, just finding the time :D

Hi Dog,

I finished a cyclone for the workshop, only took 2 years to get it done. :oops:

I have made a second childs chair, this one is for our grandson, hope it stops his big sister nagging me. :roll:

And I am doing some motor bike toys, should have done 5 or 6 but I think only one will be finish in time. :shock:

Back