Large diameter pens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitch

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a kit i bought back along, cant remember what kit it is......

The barrels are something like 11.5 and 14.5, actual dims not important for this question.

I use a planet mandrel, which has a tapered/conical body where the actual mandrel/bar goes into, and my tailstock obviously is conical too.

So can I remove the rod, and turn these barrels between the body of the mandrel and the tailstock, without the use of conical bushes.....the ones i have are too small for the tubes..... or if it fits on the light pull mandrel that would work too wouldn't it.....?

between centres without a mandrel but with the 'correct' bushings is more than feasible, see here
between centres without mandrel or bushings? if you turn yourself a sharpish (60 degree?) cone to go in a chuck/ on a face plate and a live centre on the tailstock end i dont see why not.
info overload here if you havent seen it before

nev" between centres without mandrel or bushings? if you turn yourself a sharpish (60 degree?) cone to go in a chuck/ on a face plate and a live centre on the tailstock end i dont see why not. [url=http://www.penturners.org/forum/#community-forums:1f4xyhco said:
info overload here[/url] if you havent seen it before

When I say friction drive I'm talking about the old dead centres that went in the tail stock but I sometimes use it in the headstock as a friction drive for a one off pen which I don't make bushes for it is the same idea as the 60deg cone in the chuck so it seems we are on the same wavelength
Happy turning Woody

Latest posts

Back