• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Large auction of timber and tools.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.easyliveauction.com/cat...g-machinery-tools-workshop-engineering-tools/
1098 lots including timber, hand and power tools.

I'm sure someone would like this :)

02-01-22 19-05-34.jpg

Something for everyone there, all trades, if you don’t want planks of wood I should start at the back. Some good old stuff mixed in, in tool chests. Ian

I used to go to these nearly every time as the auction house is a couple of miles away from me. You used to be able to pick up some good deals. It’s got SO popular now that everything fetches top money and people bid online from all over the country. A chap I chatted with last time had made a 270 mile trip to collect his winnings! I can’t remember what it was, but his attitude was that it was a bit of fun bidding and then a nice day out in the country with the Mrs. You can’t argue with that, good for them!

I used to go to these nearly every time as the auction house is a couple of miles away from me. You used to be able to pick up some good deals. It’s got SO popular now that everything fetches top money and people bid online from all over the country. A chap I chatted with last time had made a 270 mile trip to collect his winnings! I can’t remember what it was, but his attitude was that it was a bit of fun bidding and then a nice day out in the country with the Mrs. You can’t argue with that, good for them!

Agree - timber lots were not online and plenty of bargains about. Online has really pushed up timber prices

I had to stop myself looking at the timber - I practically have to take stuff out of my workshop before I can get into it as it is!

Sorely tempted by the handplanes though, I saw a no8, no50, no78, and a Preston1344 amongst others - I was only looking for a tablesaw.

I had to stop myself looking at the timber - I practically have to take stuff out of my workshop before I can get into it as it is!

Sorely tempted by the handplanes though, I saw a no8, no50, no78, and a Preston1344 amongst others - I was only looking for a tablesaw.
Did you find a table saw anything decent?!

Some beautiful Yew and Laburnam logs in the first couple of pages, had to stop looking, as previously mentioned there's no chance of getting a decent price anymore.

My relatively small experience of auctions of this type is that they should be avoided at all costs, I’ve seen old tat go for twice it’s new cost because people get carried away (which they ought to be) much better in my opinion to check the small ads locally, you won’t get it tomorrow or the month after but eventually it will appear then you get in quick, like my Startrite 352, tatty but never used in anger, only ever used on 2”x1” for silk screen printing hence covered in paint, £80 always worth checking the charity shops as well if you’re after old handtools, they often haven’t got the faintest idea what they’re worth. Ian

Back