Lapping fluid, glass cleaner and The Pink Panther

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark w

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh no that was Peter Sellers not Paul Sellers,
Anyhow I`ve recently read that Paul Sellers uses glass cleaner on his diamond stones instead of lapping fluid, is this ok or could this lead to problems with the stone?
I`ve also read that Trend Lapping Fluid smells like Methylated Spirits, is that what it is but in a Trend bottle at four times the price or is it a different thing all together?

Regards, Mark w

I`ve also read that Trend Lapping Fluid smells like Methylated Spirits, is that what it is but in a Trend bottle at four times the price or is it a different thing all together?

Something like Tesco's value water - straight from the tap!

mark w":3vkbf77g said:
.... Trend Lapping Fluid smells like Methylated Spirits, is that what it is ....Regards, Mark w

Ask them for a product SAFETY DATA SHEET, as you need it for a COSHH assessment.

That should define major constituents.

Any company with nothing to hide should readily supply one. example sds (PDF)

Windolene is mostly water witha few surfactants added - it keeps particles in suspension longer and my wife always has window cleaner in the cupboard.

Works fine for me with no detriment that I can see to the diamond stones.

You could use water....... or oil........ or........ anything that conveniently floats the particles..........

Back