Land rover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst about military 110 etc was the whine of of the mil spec tyres. God that drone was awful. Tread pattern first introduce in the 30s and never changed.
Ahhh, the hi-miler. I quite like the roar they make. But then it's not like I've driven a long way with them! This was my wedding car a couple of years ago. Austin Champ, forerunner to Phil's Austin gypsy. Completely mental in it's complexity but it's been in the family for a very long time and me and the old chap have sunk a lot of time into it. 3 litre Rolls Royce engine, 5 forward and reverse gears, wading to however wet you want to get, torsion bar suspension - way ahead of its time!

Attachments

• 20180525_140100.jpg
    20180525_140100.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
I imagine that it makes the land river fairly fuel efficient in comparison!!
Somewhat! Technically its agri spec so you can run it on red diesel. VOSA take a dim view of that though if you aren't actually using it for tractor-y purposes. It was Dad's lockdown project - it looked a total nail when he got it at the end of last year. Still a couple of issues to work through but its a long term project. Eventually it will have a hiab crane which should be fun!

Nope. They got back to Alex and there was one in the street scene.
This was supposed to be during the war but the first Landy was built several (about ten IIRC) years post war.
Austin K 2 ambulance. Anthony Quail and John Mills

I unreservedly apologise to land rover then! (I'm sure something was hand cranked backwards up a sand dune in some film - That's going to be bugging me for the rest of the day now!)
They hand cranked the ambulance up the hill. Landrovers didn’t go into production until 1948. The first being the 80”, the figure coming from the wheel base

Back