Lancelot Chain Saw Blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

OK - I think I am ready to have a go!!

I have just picked up a Lancelot chainsaw 4" disc blade on eBay and would like to have a go at a simple 'twist' vase (think Stuart Mortimer but pre-school rather than top grade university in terms of complexity for my first attempt).

http://www.starkiesharp.com/page28_kats_product_page1.html

Has anyone got / had a go with these? Any tips?

BRgds

Simon

I have one I use a lot. Probably one of the more potentially dangerous tools there is. Be best if you started on some soft scrap wood, preferably a peice of log. As thats what there meant for. Make sure the piece is held absolutely secure. Make sure the grinder has the side handle on it and get a grip. Its much like using a disc sander but these things can "catch" every once in a while. There is no brake on it like a chain saw. And its turning at 8-10,000 rpm. When it cathes it will jerk violently to the left. So keep a firm grip.
I would add more but I have become use to it and somme things are reactionary. Make sure it is good and sharp before you start and the guard is on.

Dave

Simon
It will make a big mess in the workshop!! I wear a full face mask when using mine, and watch out for the chipping hitting your arm-they sting :shock:
Definitely take a small bite at a time and if possible lean one arm against the workpiece for support.
Hope this helps,
enjoy
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back