Lamination of photo to wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I am trying to find out the best method to laminate a photo or color picture to wood. I am told decoupage is one way but would like to know if anyone has used another method successfully.If so I would be very grateful to hear from you.This is a FIRST for me so I will need instructions meant for the feeble-minded.Thanks again Tom Moffatt

Hi Tom

I use a glue called 'Copydex'. It's a rubber based adhesive (I think :) ) but I'm not sure if it's available in your part of the world. You might have more success asking the same question on an American scroll saw forum (such as this one), because a number of scrollers make jigsaws out of colour pictures which have first been stuck to plywood bases.

Gill

Not sure what it is you are trying to do, but you could consider using T-Shirt transfer paper. To explain: you can get iron on transfer paper for injet printers. You print your image onto it and use a hot iron to transfer to the wood. I've only used it with MDF, but the results were pretty good.

Back