Laminated Sheet Material Suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am considering making a decent sized sideboard out of American Black Walnut. I am assuming the most that the most cost effective way to make this will be to make it from laminated plywood. Does anyone know of any good hardwood laminated ply suppliers in the UK? I've done a bit of googling but have only found on in Preston so far but not sure if anyone else knows of anyone.
Thanks in advance
Daniel

I never use them myself but if you are in Leeds I hear good things about Lawcris

https://www.lawcris.co.uk/about
Arnold Laver in Leeds do veneered ply and MDF but the ply is generally only veneered on one side (same from many places) but the MDF on both.

I never use them myself but if you are in Leeds I hear good things about Lawcris

https://www.lawcris.co.uk/about
Arnold Laver in Leeds do veneered ply and MDF but the ply is generally only veneered on one side (same from many places) but the MDF on both.

I am in Leeds and would use lawcris for this. They have supplied a lot of laminated panels for the place where I work, I haven't used them myself for this though.

Great thanks, Lawcris website definitely gives me the vibes they are a big time wholesaler but i will try calling them next week to see if they will take personal orders. You never know in these covid times.

Thanks for your help.

Great thanks, Lawcris website definitely gives me the vibes they are a big time wholesaler but i will try calling them next week to see if they will take personal orders. You never know in these covid times.

Thanks for your help.

They will. I buy the odd sheet of ply and MDF there from time to time.

Lawcris or James lathams panels are both Local to Leeds , I don’t buy veneered ply as I do my own veneering but I’d have thought both could help... the both sell veneered product and both do many types of ply

Thanks for your help.

lathams and lawcris will both sell to public though you may have to collect as they’re is usually a minimum order amount for delivery

lathams and lawcris will both sell to public though you may have to collect as they’re is usually a minimum order amount for delivery

Also Lawcris will not allow you to cut yourself in their carpark, even just a quick cut. if you need it to go in a car, they charge for cutting. They are usually reasonable with the charge though.

I’ve used Lawcris too and when the showroom was open pre-pandemic, they have a superb selection to look through with samples which I believe are still available online.
More recently, I’ve had to chase them for quotes on stock or costs, but haven’t come across that before so assume it’s pressures created by the existing climate.
Funnily enough, I lived near Halifax for many years and didn’t use Hansons despite seeing their lorries daily and they had a great reputation.

That's really helpful thanks, I asked a friend as well who makes and installs commercial toilets and he recommend both Lawcris and Latham's so will give them a call on Monday. Will also check out Hanson's.

Latest posts

Back