Laminate wood flooring - which way?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SushiWood

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for some advice thanks.
Have never laid laminate wood flooring before but about to do so. The room it’s going in is 4.5m x 2.5m, with a double door in the middle of one of the long sides.
The question is which way should the laminate planks go? Across the smaller width of the room? Or running along the longer length?
Matt

Normally long wise, but you may be looking to make the room seem wider, if so, widthwise.
If you want to make a different statement, diagonal or herring bone - more wasteful but can look good.
Google images and just look and see what you prefer

I notice you are in Stroud - I'm pretty sure karndean have a showroom down that way, so you may not want their product, but you can see different effects

Thanks for the replies all, very useful info. I think I'll go with longways as that seems to be the consensus.

@gregmcateer cheers for the info - have already got the laminate but good to know about the showroom - will see if i can find it and pop in.

Normally long wise, but you may be looking to make the room seem wider, if so, widthwise.
If you want to make a different statement, diagonal or herring bone - more wasteful but can look good.
Google images and just look and see what you prefer

I notice you are in Stroud - I'm pretty sure karndean have a showroom down that way, so you may not want their product, but you can see different effects
Karndean is expensive but great products. Used in a lot of pubs with heavy footfall

Thanks for the replies all, very useful info. I think I'll go with longways as that seems to be the consensus.

@gregmcateer cheers for the info - have already got the laminate but good to know about the showroom - will see if i can find it and pop in.

I didn't mean to buy it, (unless you're loaded!), I meant for layout ideas - they certainly did have options laid out for viewing

Back