Laminate flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been a few years since I last laid a laminate floor and when I was on the tools I laid quite a few floors. Some of the flooring I laid was total rubbish and so hard to get it right. I am moving in a few weeks and would like to put laminate down in a couple of rooms and the hall way and was wondering what the quality is like to day on laminates and maybe some of you could recommend Particular make where the boards will easily lock into each other. many thanks in advance.

I like 'Quick Step' stuff. Never had a problem with it. It's better generally these days than it used to be. I'm at the mercy of my customers who have usually been and chosen B&Q or Wickes stuff. Some can be a fight but all goes down in the end.

The video on their web page on how to lay the flooring shows a curious laying pattern - instead of starting at one edge and laying each row they suggest laying it in triangles, rather like building up the ends of a brick wall.....any idea why?

In the interests of economy; unless the customer specifically wants the end joins lined up; when you get to the right hand side and cut that piece to fit start the next row with the piece just cut off,
Don"t have end joins less than the width of a board next to each other,

I have used the Wickes click stuff and it was okay, no problem laying it and it has been down for about three years now without a problem, we were doing a large building project at home whilst living there and laid the floor as a temporary fix planning to improve it at he end but never did as we were happy with it. So on the plus side very affordable, fast to lay, and hard wearing. On the downside - well it is what it is, not warm underfoot, a bit echo'y and does not feel like a quality product. Jinx

I have only layed cheap B&Q stuff and Quick-Step Country. I'd recommend the latter, it was easy to do a good job even for a relative novice.

Latest posts

Back