Laminate flooring for bathroom

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again guys. The first laminate floring job I did was spot on, so good I have another out of it but now another question too. I have a bathroom floor to lay in the click stuff but need to know how to go around the base of the toilet? On the last job I used quadrant moulding but all the sides were square, this is going to test my skills I think. How can I take it around the toilet base and make it look good? Many thanks.

When I did this on our own, I made a template and cut to within 2-3 mm of the bowl base. I managed to acheive a uniform gap around the base then used a similar colour flexible sealant to fill the small gap.

The other method I've seen being done is to raise the toilet base so that it sits on top of the flooring, although this was done in a new build and there was enough movement in the waste pipe to allow the raise.

Cheers,

Howard

Mailee

Dont know if this is the sort of thing you are looking for but having don a couple of these I have found it easier to release (unscrew) the bowl and slide it underneath the toilet. Gives a much better finish. it may mean playing around a bit with the pipework depending on the toilet type but nothing to strenuous. I'm sure others will have more sensisble approaches.

Back