Lamello Duplex Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightprojects

Reaction score
I have a couple of in frame office cabinets to make and I'm thinking of trying Lamello Duplex Hinges on the doors. I haven't used these before but I think they look smart (compared with kitchen cupboard type hinges) and I like the fact that the doors can be lifted off when I transport the cabinets. Does anyone have any experience of using these? Any tips would be appreciated, particularly regarding the best way to cut the hinge recesses with the biscuit jointer. I have a book showing the whole door held into place with wedges before the cut is made - simultaneously into both door and cabinet - with the biscuit jointer. Is this the best way?

The only way surely or the object would be defeated. Never tried them personally seem quite expensive to me don't forget to buy rights and lefts eh. Video here (you probably saw it already)

I seem to remember Norm used these a few times. From what I can see you have to be perfectly accurate and square with the set up of the biscuit jointer. They are also not cheap and only seem to be available in packs of 10 pairs but they do seem to be a reasonable solution to door hanging.

Misterfish

Yes, they're about £45 - 60 for a pack of 20, depending on finish. I only have 4 doors to do on this job so I'll have a few left over for future jobs. I guess they work out at about £2-3 per hinge but loads of time will be saved vs fitting hinges the traditional way and the quality of finish should be superior if I'm accurate with the biscuit jointer. Since I discovered them I've been on the Lamello site and they have some very interesting invisible fixings systems, although everything is very Swiss in terms of quality and price!

Back