Lamello Bisco Vs. beech biscuits.....discuss

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll put it to good use. One of my favourite tools I bought on a whim but gets used so much is a kreg pocket hole jig. I've managed for years without it but my god it makes life so much easier with repetitive results. If it broke today I'd buy another without hesitation ! I kind of envy how use must be feeling building up an arsenal of decent tools. The project will come and then it'll all seem worthwhile- so longs you post lots of pictures though please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Edit, just securing braces on a boarded door with a kreg makes life so much easier and enables secret fixings

c77db864ec8e40aa9c80b639ceef37ed.jpg

c61c0c6f55c7fc56beb267d7abe2a79e.jpg

Apologies for the thread diversion. I've been off the tools for a good month and your thread has reminded me of the perks of decent kit

ColeyS1":1u2ryxv8 said:
I'm not sure I agree with that but that could be an error on my part. I use pu for edge jointing softwood and tulip wood if I'm in a hurry. I haven't needed to use accoya so am yet to try it on that. My experience with using it on oak wasn't great.

What problems were you having with Oak? I don't think I've had any noticeable problems with using the PU yet and I've glued up all sorts of oak pieces for staircases such as laminating newel posts, edge joining treads and risers and even laminated some large oak 8"x8" sections for window frames using the stuff.

I once had it not bond plywood for some reason which may have been due to some weird invisible coating on the plywood like silicone or something like that. Everything else has been excellent. I use Wurth and Soudal PU.

ColeyS1":3gpyo6rs said:
You'll put it to good use. One of my favourite tools I bought on a whim but gets used so much is a kreg pocket hole jig. I've managed for years without it but my god it makes life so much easier with repetitive results. If it broke today I'd buy another without hesitation ! I kind of envy how use must be feeling building up an arsenal of decent tools. The project will come and then it'll all seem worthwhile- so longs you post lots of pictures though please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thats my plan, I see pocket holes used soo much i bought the UJK one, but used credit card points so it didnt cost much, havent used it yet but i see a lot of possibilities for it :)

Back