Lamanite flooring nightmare

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello
I need help with laminate flooring, I have done laminate flooring several times, well about 40-50 floors and have never come across anything like this before, Colours Staccato Natural Oak parquet effect Laminate Flooring, 1.86m² Pack of 4 | DIY at B&Q
the boards will go together in the usual way by lifting them slightly and clicking into place, the floor is 15 feet long which means 4 boards per row, and the ends of the boards will not knock together no matter how hard I try, the only way I can see to do this is to lock 4 boards together end to end and then lift the 4 boards as a unit into the previous row, which is a two-person job, I know the boards are not aligned properly in the photos, I was just trying to get them together as a trial run, has anybody on here done this flooring, any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20220704_103807.jpg
    20220704_103807.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220704_103814.jpg
    20220704_103814.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220704_103833.jpg
    20220704_103833.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220704_103849.jpg
    20220704_103849.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 0
I have laid a lot of this it's lovely flooring. Lay your first row as usual then the second row you lay beside it with the ends clipped together in one long row. Now carefully lift the long side opposite to the joint and it will start to slip n. Prop it up a bit at that point and work along the run and it goes in easy. Just wiggle it up and down a bit and it will seat ok. Once it's joined finish off with a tapping block.

Gerry

Hi Gerry, thank you for the quick reply, yes it is lovely flooring, I thought that was the best way to do it but was a bit worried about lifting a whole row of 4 boards into the previous row on my own, but as you say prop it up here and there and wiggle it, once the first 3 rows are done it should be fine, are there any other problems with laying this flooring, such as propping up the last row against the wall

Just the width can be a little awkward. If you get an difficult section where you need to slide it together just shave the bump on tounge down a little on that side and tap it together with a touch of wood glue to lock it.
I laid my living room in 6m lengths on my own but a helper will make it easier.

Gerry

Okay, Gerry, thank you again, I will do the job, I mean what can go wrong? and I do not want to say I can't do it when someone else can, I will let you know the results one way or the other

Hi all just bought this laminate flooring. I have laid other laminate from before but when laying other laminate in small width your starter length are different on your second and third row to help the locking in process. With these do you use full length because of pattern on ever row or do you use the different different length on your starter row ?

Latest posts

Back