Laguna tools, new to UK market

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea how their bandsaw compares to others in the UK market?
Are they rebadged or unique to Laguna?
When are the bandsaws available?

I had a play with one at Harrogate last year and was very impressed. I have a Record BS350 and the Laguna appeared far better engineered and put together - mind you it’s nearly double the price. I had thought they were on the market from stockists at the moment?

Amateur Al":3ci8e7lb said:
Are they rebadged or unique to Laguna?
When are the bandsaws available?

Hi Al, they are unique - Laguna designed them & own the tooling & patents. They are Taiwan build quality too, not China - Probably America's best selling 14" wheel bandsaw at this price point.

The first display bandsaws are due mid/end July for retailers - 2nd delivery mid August as the 1st delivery is pretty much sold out now.

Thanks,
Nick

Has anyone got the fusion 3 on here yet that could give a review?

It seems to tick all of the boxes but it is more expensive than the others in the same category (The SIP 01332 is £1440 / Axminster AT254LTS - £1700). As with most of us, I'm prepared to pay for quality - but I'd love to hear from someone that's put it through it's paces

@Nick Laguna - was there any progress on dado blades? On the last post I read, you mentioned this was still being investigated to ensure CE compliance.

fatjames":1to5ahfa said:
Has anyone got the fusion 3 on here yet that could give a review?

Hi FatJames, there's a lot of Fusions out there now & we have just sold out of stock again - If you are struggling to find anyone on here who can give independent feedback, I could maybe put you in touch with several trade & hobby customers via e-mail if you wish - mail me if you want & I will of course check with them first they are happy for you to contact them. My mail : [email protected]

fatjames":1to5ahfa said:
@Nick Laguna - was there any progress on dado blades? On the last post I read, you mentioned this was still being investigated to ensure CE compliance.

It has the longer USA style arbour, but we cannot endorse dado blade usage as it was not CE certified for that in the end.

Cheers, Nick

Nick, your website lists the F3 as having both cast iron trunnions and cast aluminium trunnions.

Cast Iron Cabinet Mounted Trunnions

The heart of the saw is the powerful braked motor which is mounted onto the powder coated one-piece cabinet base via solid cast aluminium trunnions

Thanks DBT85 for spotting the error & letting me know - I've just changed it on our website - they are cast iron trunnions on the Fusion 3.
The Fusion 2 has aluminium trunnions
You win todays 'spot the error' prize of a brand new tablesaw (ok joking unfortunately, but thanks again)
Cheers,
Nick

Nick Laguna UK":3a0vy7xd said:
Thanks DBT85 for spotting the error & letting me know - I've just changed it on our website - they are cast iron trunnions on the Fusion 3.
You win todays 'spot the error' prize of a brand new tablesaw (ok joking unfortunately, but thanks again)
Cheers,
Nick
I got all excited then.

Thanks for your reply

Nick Laguna UK":138gnxlu said:
I could maybe put you in touch with several trade & hobby customers
Could be worth asking if they'd like to contribute on here? If not, I'll drop you an email

Nick Laguna UK":138gnxlu said:
It has the longer USA style arbour, but we cannot endorse dado blade usage as it was not CE certified for that in the end.
Great news, thanks

DBT85":f1dcre5t said:
Nick Laguna UK":f1dcre5t said:
Cheers,
Nick
I got all excited then.

Quite right to be excited - I'm sure the prize was a new saw :wink:

having decided to keep my little bosch GTS tablesaw and instead of going with a bigger cabinet saw im looking at the 18bx bandsaw, do we know what delivery times are like?

craigsalisbury":1jeo5lsj said:
having decided to keep my little bosch GTS tablesaw and instead of going with a bigger cabinet saw im looking at the 18bx bandsaw, do we know what delivery times are like?

Hi Craig, We are out of stock at moment on 18BX - our next delivery is due 12 July

Cheers,
Nick

Perfect, I'll give you a shout when I'm ready, what's delivery costs like? Compared say...to Axminster? (hammer) (hammer)

craigsalisbury":1hji7pnu said:
Perfect, I'll give you a shout when I'm ready, what's delivery costs like? Compared say...to Axminster? (hammer) (hammer)

Hi Craig, we don't sell direct so you will have to buy through a retailer - delivery should be about £80, but different retailers have different rates for delivery. Retailers are listed on our website.

Thanks,
Nick

I'm a little surprised you don't sell direct. Maybe volume on these is higher than I imagine and it requires a network of distributors.

DBT85":s4abgehb said:
I'm a little surprised you don't sell direct. Maybe volume on these is higher than I imagine and it requires a network of distributors.

Hi DBT - Exactly - the important thing with a new brand of machinery is for people to be able to see it to judge the build quality / features vs price, so we have 30 or so experienced retailers who have machines on display (well that's pre-Corona anyway, I know many are still closed..but on-line sales from retailers have been superb last 6 weeks)

We also don't want to compete with our retailers by selling direct - they are investing their cash, floor space and time to promote Laguna and I want all sales to go through them.

Volume is high and getting higher as the brand grows and more people hear about us.

Cheers, Nick

Nick can you tell me how assembled the F3 comes? I'd have to lug it 30 yards so would rather not have to dismantle it all first.

DBT85":1lzr8nca said:
Nick can you tell me how assembled the F3 comes? I'd have to lug it 30 yards so would rather not have to dismantle it all first.

Everything is pre-built apart from the rails / rear table / mdf infill table / fence / crown guard /switch

It has inbuilt wheels too if that helps?

Two man lift when it's un-crated should be possible if you do need to carry it / lift it off the pallet.

Pic attached of it on the pallet & fully built up - red lines show the parts that are pre-assembled.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• New-F3-April-2020-arrival.jpg
    New-F3-April-2020-arrival.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 424
Not sure those wheels would handle a gravel path and a lawn ha. I need to build an off road transport thing to shift it as one lump.

Back