Laguna tools, new to UK market

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBT85":34nz6kjt said:
Not sure those wheels would handle a gravel path and a lawn ha. I need to build an off road transport thing to shift it as one lump.

Ha, Isn't that part of the fun getting a new machine though ? ;)

2 sheets of 4 x 4 plywood down on the floor would maybe do the job if it's level - get to end of one sheet, then wheel it to the next etc.

I think that's how they built the pyramids? :D

Cheers, Nick

Nick Laguna UK":kx3ymtb7 said:
DBT85":kx3ymtb7 said:
Not sure those wheels would handle a gravel path and a lawn ha. I need to build an off road transport thing to shift it as one lump.

Ha, Isn't that part of the fun getting a new machine though ? ;)

2 sheets of 4 x 4 plywood down on the floor would maybe do the job if it's level - get to end of one sheet, then wheel it to the next etc.

I think that's how they built the pyramids? :D

Cheers, Nick
Indeed that might. My issue is it has to cover 6mm gravel, 20mm gravel, patio, and then lawn, little of which is flat.

I might just make something use some sack truck wheels as it'll have a little ground clearance and can easily take the weight.

I notice that Laguna Tools in U.S. are 10% off 2nd July through 6th July. Rockler have the 14/12 Bandsaw at $999 and the Fusion F1 Tablesaw at $899.
Would be very nice to have similar opportunities in the U.K.
How about it Laguna?

Izzyix":1t6hruci said:
I notice that Laguna Tools in U.S. are 10% off 2nd July through 6th July. Rockler have the 14/12 Bandsaw at $999 and the Fusion F1 Tablesaw at $899.
Would be very nice to have similar opportunities in the U.K.
How about it Laguna?

Hi Izzyix - Would be nice for everyone I know, but until we are selling 5,000 table saws a year we can't work on those lower margins that the USA are able to. And lets face it that won't happen unless the government create a law that every street must have at least one table saw owner. ;)

I used to work for Dewalt / Elu a long time ago and came across the price difference question of USA / UK all the time - That has never changed in all the time I've been in this industry - USA volumes are massive and allow that lower price point due to many factors.

Cheers, Nick.

Hi Nick, I guess you won’t be surprised that I’m not entirely convinced, I used to work in supply chain.
The $999 wasn’t price point, it was a discounted price for a short term offer. Price point U.S. is $1200 at best, as standard.
Global product pricing does depend on many factors, however the U.S. is comprised of many states, just as Europe has many countries. So to split the U.K. off and state low demand in the U.K. is reason for differential pricing is not true.
If Laguna wanted to offer a discount in Europe inc U.K. they could do so and probably enjoy the same reduced margin they achieved in the U.S.
Best wishes,

Izzyix":1zt238vs said:
If Laguna wanted to offer a discount in Europe inc U.K. they could do so and probably enjoy the same reduced margin they achieved in the U.S.
Best wishes,

Hi Izzyix - Laguna have invested 10's of $1,000's in CE modifications / certification for Europe. We don't get any discount for promo from Laguna - FOB factory pricing is fixed and a lot higher than USA due to CE - It's each Countries call if they want to do promo's.

$ vs £ is also not the best at the moment.

At present we are challenged to keep up with stock demand with what are very competitive and fast selling normal prices so why would we want to reduce our margin?

That's not being exploitative as ourselves and my retailers all have costs to cover - that's the way business works..

Best wishes,
Nick

As much as I like things to cost less, if you can't meet demand whether thats for a product or a service, you don't charge less.

A friend told me of his decorator having a 9 month waiting list. My only reply was that she was clearly not charging enough.

Phil Pascoe":1fioj459 said:
I assume then that UK machines and U.S. machines must be quite different?

Hi Phil, The main build is the same as USA, but additions for CE like braked motors / 50Hz / micro switches on doors/ rear feed tables / sub fences / crown guards etc - quite a few amendments (some of which the USA have taken on board since launching in Europe as they are logical improvements).

Plus the cost of submitting a machine for full CE approval is not cheap or easy as it's exceptionally detailed for an Annex iv machine.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/200 ... art/4/made

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick,
I have been looking for information on the Fusion F2 as a comparison to the Axminster AT254LTS but couldnt see much online and not many reviews/popularity with the saw in the UK. Do you have any more information on it or anything that might be different to the mentioned saw?

Thanks Sam

Hi Sam, all our info is on our website.

What I would suggest is if possible get to your nearest stockist and see one in the flesh.

Hope this helps, I'm limited to the response detail I can give as I don't want to push the forum rules as I'm aware I'm a supplier and obviously I'm going to be biased to Laguna ;)

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks for the continued info Nick, it is appreciated. I've been looking at both the F3 and the 18" bandsaw mentioned in this thread, so it's really nice to see that I'm not the only one who has found the feature set and price point of interest!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

DBT85":20jzypuz said:
As much as I like things to cost less, if you can't meet demand whether thats for a product or a service, you don't charge less.

A friend told me of his decorator having a 9 month waiting list. My only reply was that she was clearly not charging enough.
I ran my own computer repair business for twenty years before retiring three years ago. The advice I was given from the get go was that if the customer didn’t wince when I told them the cost of repair, I’d not charged enough. :shock:

At the beginning I was running eight repair bays non stop, I gradually raised repair prices till I was only running six and earning twice as much, work smarter, not harder. :wink:

Phil Pascoe":2ebuwlj3 said:
Laguna have invested 10's of $1,000's in CE modifications / certification for Europe.

I assume then that UK machines and U.S. machines must be quite different?

Even if they aren't and it's just a matter of certification, why would the US market pay for that when we've already paid for our own certifications here?

check out igm machinery & tools ,their main dealers in eastern europe for laguna ,bought from them before ,i have ordered a laguna fusion 3
with free delivery, end of august before back in stock, and have all the ce certs required ,1970 euro delivered,so the price in uk doesnt make sense their making money at 1970 euro,and have all the modificatioins the uk ones have
regards robert

Back