Laguna fusion 3 table saw (few questions)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Cheetham

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking at buying the laguna fusion 3 table saw later on in the year after I have built my new workshop. There are just a few questions I would like to know if anyone either owns the saw or knows the answers.

• What are the table dimensions without the side extention and outfeed support piece as im sure the sizes given on the spec sheet im looking at include these. It states (LxWxH) 1663 mm x 1652 mm x 1080.9 mm which sounds big and why I think that includes the side extention and outfeed support pieces.
  • Is the fence rail one complete piece or is it possible to have it at a shorter length when you dont need the extra rip capacity?
  • Also I would love to hear peoples thoughts on it if you have it already even if you have the American version.

If anyone could answer these for me that would be great. If not ill probably just have to ring a dealership or laguna themselves. Thanks in advance :) (y)

Im looking at buying the laguna fusion 3 table saw later on in the year after I have built my new workshop. There are just a few questions I would like to know if anyone either owns the saw or knows the answers.

• What are the table dimensions without the side extention and outfeed support piece as im sure the sizes given on the spec sheet im looking at include these. It states (LxWxH) 1663 mm x 1652 mm x 1080.9 mm which sounds big and why I think that includes the side extention and outfeed support pieces.
  • Is the fence rail one complete piece or is it possible to have it at a shorter length when you dont need the extra rip capacity?
  • Also I would love to hear peoples thoughts on it if you have it already even if you have the American version.

If anyone could answer these for me that would be great. If not ill probably just have to ring a dealership or laguna themselves. Thanks in advance :) (y)

I have recently bought the Same saw although having yet to rewire the garage means it is a very expensive workbench currently!

I've not measured it but I would say the width and height are correct and the length would include the outfeed tablbe that comes with it. I've not fitted that myself as I plan on making a proper workbench/outfeed table to sit behind it.

The fence rail is in 2 parts with a smaller section to the left of the blade which the on/off switch hangs off. It is removable an attaches the same way as the main fence rail so I dont see why it couldnt be removed and left off although you may find the measurements on the fence are not right and you have to physically measure everytime you move the fence. The rear fence support is also in 2 parts although I cannot remember if it is the same ratio as the front fence rail so again trial an error to get it in the right place I would think.

Also the main cast iron table top is in 3 sections so you could in theory remove the 2 wings and have nothing but the main centre section which would make the top about the size of the cabinet for extra space savings

I cant comment on it's actual operation but having dismantled it to get it out the crate in the back of my van by myself It looks really well made and the wheels to make moving it around are a nice touch.

I have recently bought the Same saw although having yet to rewire the garage means it is a very expensive workbench currently!

I've not measured it but I would say the width and height are correct and the length would include the outfeed tablbe that comes with it. I've not fitted that myself as I plan on making a proper workbench/outfeed table to sit behind it.

The fence rail is in 2 parts with a smaller section to the left of the blade which the on/off switch hangs off. It is removable an attaches the same way as the main fence rail so I dont see why it couldnt be removed and left off although you may find the measurements on the fence are not right and you have to physically measure everytime you move the fence. The rear fence support is also in 2 parts although I cannot remember if it is the same ratio as the front fence rail so again trial an error to get it in the right place I would think.

Also the main cast iron table top is in 3 sections so you could in theory remove the 2 wings and have nothing but the main centre section which would make the top about the size of the cabinet for extra space savings

I cant comment on it's actual operation but having dismantled it to get it out the crate in the back of my van by myself It looks really well made and the wheels to make moving it around are a nice touch.

Yea ill be building a new workshop soon so will have it wired to specification.

I am also plannig on building a workbench on castors to sit behind and double as an outfeed table

I queried this on fb too and a guy has got back to me from Norway saying it is 900L X 1720W which has now thrown me off as the the width states 1652 on the spec sheet so thats another 68mm extra. He did say he measured it from the start of the front fence rail on the left to the end of it on the right.

Think im definetly going to buy it as been eyeing it up for ages now.

If you dont mind me asking where did you purchase yours from and how long did you have to wait for delivery? Just asking so I know when to order if I want it for a specific time lol.

And thank you by the way for your feedback. Much appreciated :) (y)

The extra width is because the front rail pokes out the Lh side when the fence is set to zero on the blade. The actual table top is 1650

I got mine from grovewood machines. They had one in stock and I got it as a slightly impulse type purchase knowing if I missed out on it it would be a long wait till they were back in-stock. I picked it up myself in my transit which only just fit and then had to take it apart to get it out by myself! Really not recommended 😂😂🙈🙈

I rewired my workshop this afternoon so will be giving it a try tomorrow 💪🏻🤞🏻

The extra width is because the front rail pokes out the Lh side when the fence is set to zero on the blade. The actual table top is 1650

I got mine from grovewood machines. They had one in stock and I got it as a slightly impulse type purchase knowing if I missed out on it it would be a long wait till they were back in-stock. I picked it up myself in my transit which only just fit and then had to take it apart to get it out by myself! Really not recommended 😂😂🙈🙈

I rewired my workshop this afternoon so will be giving it a try tomorrow 💪🏻🤞🏻

Yea I was looking at grovewood machines. Think I will be the same in a couple of months and just get it so ive got it ready lol. I havent got a van so will have to wait for delivery.

When you have got a sec could you confirm for me the length of the table without the outfeed attached. I got 900 from front rail to back rail of the other guy. Let us know your thoughts when you have a go. Thanks and enjoy :) (y)

Hi Rob, sorry for my late reply - I haven't been 100% last few days - just general kid germs I think now mine are mostly back at school and mixing it like petri dishes again bringing all sorts back to me.. good for the immune system though.

I'm in the office tomorrow for a container and will measure the showroom machine for you. I'm fairly sure the dimensions in the manual are spot on but will double check front rail to back rail.

https://www.lagunatools.uk/images/pdf/F2_F3_Manual_CE_Update_Nov2020.pdf
Page 5 dimensions.

I do know of two people who have shortened the rail by about 12" by not using the left hand side front rail extrusion / left side rear rail - if you do this, you will need to re-drill holes on the rear rail as they won't line up with the original holes in the casting.

Thanks @Doug71 for heads up too on this thread

Cheers and will update tomorrow,
Nick

Hi Rob, sorry for my late reply - I haven't been 100% last few days - just general kid germs I think now mine are mostly back at school and mixing it like petri dishes again bringing all sorts back to me.. good for the immune system though.

I'm in the office tomorrow for a container and will measure the showroom machine for you. I'm fairly sure the dimensions in the manual are spot on but will double check front rail to back rail.

https://www.lagunatools.uk/images/pdf/F2_F3_Manual_CE_Update_Nov2020.pdf
Page 5 dimensions.

I do know of two people who have shortened the rail by about 12" by not using the left hand side front rail extrusion / left side rear rail - if you do this, you will need to re-drill holes on the rear rail as they won't line up with the original holes in the casting.

Thanks @Doug71 for heads up too on this thread

Cheers and will update tomorrow,
Nick

Thanks for the reply Nick. Hope nothing too bad.

That would be great if you could measure it for me. I'm interested in knowing the total width from one end of front rail to the other end. And also the size of just the table especially the length with and without the outfeed support table.
I'll probably leave it the way it is until at least after any warranty runs out but will keep it in mind.

Thanks again and I'll check back again tomorrow :)(y)

Hi Rob,

Yup interesting as our manual dimensions are wrong!- very sorry about that and I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up on yet.
You are the first in Europe as far as I know so you win a free blade ;)
Just PM me if you buy it / let me know who it's from and I'll stick an extra 60T blade or something similar in FOC.

I'll be speaking to factory and will re-do manual to correct it - I wasn't aware USA use diff shorter rails, but that may be the case? Your reply from the Norwegian guy was correct.

I couldn't go in to office yesterday due to a household member suspected of Covid, but asked our engineer to take the measurements for me

Image below with the measurements he gave me & yes total front rail length is 1710mm he said.

Just the table (measured from front of front rail to rear of back rail) is 900mm

Thanks for highlighting our error, and let me know if I can help any more.

Cheers,
Nick

fusion-measure-2-opt.jpg

@Rob Cheetham It's a quality saw - I'm extremely happy with mine. It's never faltered with anything I've thrown at it, and when I've needed help with anything, Nick has been very quick to help out. You won't regret it. Also, Grovewood is where I got my bandsaw from (also Laguna) and they were brilliant.

Hi Rob,

Yup interesting as our manual dimensions are wrong!- very sorry about that and I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up on yet.
You are the first in Europe as far as I know so you win a free blade ;)
Just PM me if you buy it / let me know who it's from and I'll stick an extra 60T blade or something similar in FOC.

I'll be speaking to factory and will re-do manual to correct it - I wasn't aware USA use diff shorter rails, but that may be the case? Your reply from the Norwegian guy was correct.

I couldn't go in to office yesterday due to a household member suspected of Covid, but asked our engineer to take the measurements for me

Image below with the measurements he gave me & yes total front rail length is 1710mm he said.

Just the table (measured from front of front rail to rear of back rail) is 900mm

Thanks for highlighting our error, and let me know if I can help any more.

Cheers,
Nick

View attachment 106798

Thats brilliant @Nick Laguna UK. Thank you very much for getting the dimensions for me. I thought something didnt match up when I was told 1710 from rail end to end.

That is very kind of you for offering a free 60t blade. The only thing is though I am actually not planning on buying it till the later part of the year. Im currently planning a workshop buid at the moment hence asking for dimensions to see if I can make it work in the new shop. Currently working in a cramped shared 1 car garage at the moment and cant fit it in. I have a fold up axminster table saw at the moment and the cabinet saw is basically my last big tool to complete my shop which is why im building a bigger shop.

I would still like the blade though (who wouldnt lol 😂 :) ) so would I just have to send you a private message on here when I buy the saw mayby. If not no worries. Im getting the concrete slab layed next week for my shop so hopefully will be able to get the workshop built sooner than expected (time depending) stupid job lol. Just let me know if you can. Thank you very much

One more question though. Do you have a showroom open to the public as I am only in derby and noticed the laguna uk hub is in leicester. If so would only be about half hour down road for me to come and have a look at it in person aswell. Though I am pretty much set on this saw. It has pretty much been sold to me for a while now with all the good stuff ive heard about it

Thanks again for taking your time out to help me. Much appreciated :)(y)

@Rob Cheetham It's a quality saw - I'm extremely happy with mine. It's never faltered with anything I've thrown at it, and when I've needed help with anything, Nick has been very quick to help out. You won't regret it. Also, Grovewood is where I got my bandsaw from (also Laguna) and they were brilliant.

Thanks Paul. All ive heard is good things about it to be honest which has sold it to me lol. I currently have a record power bs400 band saw which im happy with but I think if that ever goes in the years to come I will be definetly looking at the laguna brand from now on as even though the fusion 3 will be the first laguna tool I get, im thinking it will be a brand to go to for me in the future. I believe in buying quality as I want these machines to last a lifetime if possible. Ive learnt a couple times in the past about buy cheap buy twice so im rather pay the extra for qaulity.

Thanks again for you input :)(y)

I would still like the blade though (who wouldnt lol 😂 :) ) so would I just have to send you a private message on here when I buy the saw mayby.
Hi Rob, no worries at all and yes just PM me on here & I will sort it. (y)

One more question though. Do you have a showroom open to the public as I am only in derby and noticed the laguna uk hub is in leicester.
Sorry Rob we have closed our showroom to general public until further notice. This is a company decision as we are so flat out we really haven't got the time for visitors to be randomly calling in, alongside the obvious Covid risk by allowing people into the building.

I'll PM you to let you know when I'm in and about as we have a lot of containers turning up in next few weeks - and as long as we keep distance etc I'd be OK to show you the Fusion3 we have in the showroom if we can work a date/time out together.

Cheers,
Nick

Sorry Rob we have closed our showroom to general public until further notice. This is a company decision as we are so flat out we really haven't got the time for visitors to be randomly calling in, alongside the obvious Covid risk by allowing people into the building.

I'll PM you to let you know when I'm in and about as we have a lot of containers turning up in next few weeks - and as long as we keep distance etc I'd be OK to show you the Fusion3 we have in the showroom if we can work a date/time out together.

Cheers,
Nick

Cheers @Nick Laguna UK. Much appreciated. I thought as much about the showroom being closed. In no desperate need to see it just thought id ask. If I feel like id like to see it before I buy later on ill send you a message but as I said in no desperate need.

Thanks again for all your help. Any other questions I have ill give you a message. Thanks again

Rob

Cheers,
Nick
A fella has a Laguna Fusion3 table saw only on his wish list and you kindly offer him a free 60tooth blade, I promote the table saw through my YouTube channel and steer many subscribers towards a direct purchase from Laguna and you painted me a very sad picture of no merchandise and difficulties with COVID! I didn't get a chance to ask for anything because before I could I was almost reduced to tears with the dreadful plight you and Laguna seemed to be suffering in terms of cuts made to advertising and zero merchandise, as I got to the end of your response Nick I was almost feeling sorry for Laguna! It would seem that some would-be customers are valued whereas some actual customers are not, in my eyes Nick not a very fair or balanced approach! ☹️

Last edited:
I bet there's a dozen "influencers" a month asking for freebies. It's fair and balanced if he doesn't give any of them anything.

I bet there's a dozen "influencers" a month asking for freebies. It's fair and balanced if he doesn't give any of them anything.
Peri I have never asked for anything in my life, anything I have I have worked for it, you really dont have the details of this mate so your response is based on at best an assumption, I have loved my Laguna machinery and I have had a number of opportunities to push this product because of my own positive experience thus when a number of my subscribers asked should they take my path I have happily helped in a small way, I didnt actually ask for anything but was surrounded by a lengthy declaration of how Laguna where not in a position to do anything! Hardly a balanced approach!

Last edited:
As has already been asked what is your youtube channel called so we can all benefit from your extensive experience of the Laguna brand

Back