Laguna Fusion 3 buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithflemo

Reaction score
hi everyone .this is my 1st post so bear with me!!! I am ready to purchase a laguna fusion3 table saw .have shopped around and got 3 different prices .2 in Ireland from local tool store 1 cost €2560 other cost €2560.
I have found a company called IGM tool & machinery in Prague. that are selling table saw for €1960 including shipping to Ireland.
Has anyone ever purchased from IGM TOOL & MACHINERY. And would they recommend dealing with them.
They seem to be big over there and have lots of stores .

Thanks for the help .
Stay safe

Aren't those illegal under EU law and have been decreed so in court cases against some of the largest manufacturers in the EU car and white goods sectors? Meaning that until the end of the transition period he can indeed order from anywhere within the "EU" for delivery to anywhere within the "EU"

yet another great example of how Brexit is better for us

Droogs":2r2sw230 said:
Aren't those illegal under EU law and have been decreed so in court cases against some of the largest manufacturers in the EU car and white goods sectors? Meaning that until the end of the transition period he can indeed order from anywhere within the "EU" for delivery to anywhere within the "EU"

yet another great example of how Brexit is better for us

Hi Droogs - OK I've just edited my post - I'm not an expert on EU law and don't want to post any mis-information that is incorrect.

hi thinking of buying from igm as well ,searched laguna us and found igm are main dealers for eastern europe ,and would have all the ce certs because their base in cezch republic, part of eu ,so would have to have all proper safety,and best of all free shipping.

Hi Keith,

I am also living in Ireland looking to purchase the same Laguna Fusion 3 table saw. I seen the saw for sale on the IGM website and it was much cheaper then my local shop.
Just wondering how did you get on, did you purchase the saw?

this seems almost £400 cheaper than buying in UK given free pallet delivery. would this still be warrantied in the UK and if there was a fault can it be dealt with in UK rather than shipping back etc? any downsides to purchasing one of these for UK?

Regards Sam

Not sure.im emailed them a few questions about another product and got back within the day,you should drop them an email.or laguna usa

Daniel.l":3ic0ypbu said:
Hi Keith,

I am also living in Ireland looking to purchase the same Laguna Fusion 3 table saw. I seen the saw for sale on the IGM website and it was much cheaper then my local shop.
Hi Keith didnt bye the saw yet ,but bought a router table and had no problem with them.

rixarena":2gsxd4m9 said:
would this still be warrantied in the UK and if there was a fault can it be dealt with in UK rather than shipping back etc?
Regards Sam

Hi Sam, for confirmation we do not deal with any warranty issues on Laguna machines unless it is purchased from one of our distributors.

Ourselves and IGM are both Laguna importers but we are separate individual private companies.

Your contract and any after-sales support would be with the company you purchase from.

Best regards,
Nick

rixarena":bocxa854 said:
this seems almost £400 cheaper than buying in UK given free pallet delivery. would this still be warrantied in the UK and if there was a fault can it be dealt with in UK rather than shipping back etc? any downsides to purchasing one of these for UK?
Hi sam for that money saving .you could replace the motor and have change ,theirs not much else could go wrong.would still be covered bye long distance selling when bought on line
Regards Sam

Hi ordered fusion 3 from IBM,would be available for delivery till end of august waiting on stock.ill let ye know how I get on
Regards robert

Hi Keith,

Hi Daniel

No I haven't got mine yet, have it on order for September as I'm sorting out workshop . .i keep you updated tho ...amazing price difference we are getting robbed !!!

Dear Laguna Fusion 3 (CE) owners, may I kindly ask you to provide a picture of the arbor? I read the blade bore is 30mm while the arbor is 5/8". I'm just curious how they realised this. Is it a 30mm recess on the outer washer? Thanks in advance for your support

having been in similar situations and LOST......
if ur only saving £400, I'd say it's not worth it esp when considering percentages and the cahance of a warrenty claimm..remember they are good to begin with.....
My way forward would be to get together, those of u in Ireland and ask for a deal......
a group of u buying 3-4 saw's at the same time for cash has gotta get em interested in a deal.....
sorry Nick Laguna......

Dear Laguna Fusion 3 (CE) owners, may I kindly ask you to provide a picture of the arbor? I read the blade bore is 30mm while the arbor is 5/8". I'm just curious how they realised this. Is it a 30mm recess on the outer washer? Thanks in advance for your support
having been in similar situations and LOST......
if ur only saving £400, I'd say it's not worth it esp when considering percentages and the cahance of a warrenty claimm..remember they are good to begin with.....
My way forward would be to get together, those of u in Ireland and ask for a deal......
a group of u buying 3-4 saw's at the same time for cash has gotta get em interested in a deal.....
sorry Nick Laguna......

hi frank as far as i know laguna uk are suppling to ireland ,but i could be wrong,the price i was given was 2595 euro plus 75 euro delivery,im getting it delivered for 1970 euro which is a difference of 700 euro,i can see your point and its a good one but i dont think they will drop the price in ireland thats the feeling i was getting from the person i talked to ,said might be able to do something on delievery. i bought from igm before and had no problems ,and any emails i sent enquiring were answered quickly,
but everyone has to make their own choice, a hell of a lot would have to go wrong to cost anywhere near 700 euro to repair .
regards robert

Hi Shane, yes it's a 30mm flange on the outer washer. Cross section attached for info.
Cheers, Nick
Fusion arbour flange cross section.jpg

sorry Nick Laguna......

Hi Frank, no apology needed. We don't sell direct though, so it's ultimately down to the retailers what they could offer for a bulk buy.
We have our next 40ft container arriving in just over an hours time - they are all pre-sold though and I don't know of any retailers who would have 3-4 spare at the moment once these have gone.
Cheers, Nick.

Back