Laguna F3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougal

Reaction score
Morning all.
Just having a read through various posts here about the Laguna F3 but can’t really find an answer.
Is anyone here in the Uk with one of these saws using a dado stack? If so which stack did you get that will fit the arbour, which I believe is 5/8.
Also are there any UK stockists of Laguna accessories? For the smaller riving knife, dado plate etc. A lot sell the saws but no accessories.
Mine is due for delivery today.
Thanks in advance.

I'm fairly sure that any similar saw made or sold for the UK market will have an arbor that's incapable of mounting any sort of dado stack - AFAIK, they have been outlawed in Europe. Might be different with a saw imported from outside the EU.

G.

I'm fairly sure that any similar saw made or sold for the UK market will have an arbor that's incapable of mounting any sort of dado stack - AFAIK, they have been outlawed in Europe. Might be different with a saw imported from outside the EU.

G.
I don't know if that blanket statement is true. Felder and Hammer saws can be ordered for delivery in Germany with arbors that will accept dado blades. Some SCM saws sold in Germany will accept dado blades.

I think that providing they have an electronic brake and were designed to take the mass of the stack then they are ok, I think the issues were with them being fitted to lightweight machines without brakes in the domestic market but it is still a debate with the alantic in between, would we even have known about them had it not been for mr Abraham and his workshop tv series.

Last edited:

G.
Yes I think you’re right but I have read threads from others that own the Laguna, and they say it does have an arbour that will take a dado.
I believe this is due to it being for the American market?Correct me if I’m wrong on that. From what I can gather, although this has been certified for use in Europe, the longer arbour remains. And although Lauguna UK can’t advise on the use of a dado stack, the machine will accept one comfortably. As I say I may be wrong, hopefully some with the machine can confirm, and also what stack they have fitted.

Yes I think you’re right but I have read threads from others that own the Laguna, and they say it does have an arbour that will take a dado.
I believe this is due to it being for the American market?Correct me if I’m wrong on that. From what I can gather, although this has been certified for use in Europe, the longer arbour remains. And although Lauguna UK can’t advise on the use of a dado stack, the machine will accept one comfortably. As I say I may be wrong, hopefully some with the machine can confirm, and also what stack they have fitted.
I've seen this confirmed a few times on here. They don't promote it in the UK as Laguna don't offer a crown guard.

Axminster promote a dado stack for their saws along with a crown guard.

Yes it does. I’d not seen the 1st post, Nick from Laguna says it will take a Dado which is good news. Just want to know if anyone who owns the saw can recommend one. I’ve managed to find one with a 5/8 bore but it’s £120, I’m not sure if that’s good or bad for a dado stack?

Back