L-N #140 has been updated ?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the Lie Nielsen site and saw that they just updated the #140 skew block planes.

The nickers are now circular rather than cloverleaf and they changed the fence adjusters from flat head screws to thumbscrews.

Man I'm jealous (******?) I just got my #140 for Christmas. :x

140fenceknob.jpg

140_lg.jpg

140newnick_use.jpg

Dave

I know that feeling. It's similar to seeing something that you've just paid full price for, reduced to half price in a sale! But cheer up - look on it as an excuse to buy another #140. Then you'll have one for gloating over and one for using.

Regards.

Yeah, I hear ya.

They even dropped the price and all #140's now come w/ nickers and they're offered in iron at a bargain price. :cry:

Alf":3gb0pl7r said:
Sheesh, Dave, keep up... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I know I know . . . see how easy it was for them to sneak that one by me?
I've got an email in to them asking if I can send mine back to have them retrofit for me.

It's a sickener right enough! I hope they make the the thunbscrews available for retro fitting! :evil:

Mines on order (left hand Iron with spare nicker) but a delay of 1 to 1.5 weeks before shipping :D :wink:

Agony :cry:

ydb1md, you must have missed this post

Dave
Makes you sick, doesn't it? :lol:
I'm in the process of tweaking my nickers (no laughing at the back :wink: ) there is way too much depth of cut as they come out of the box.
At least it doesn't seem ridiculous to have a second 140. A left handed Iron one would seem like a different plane, almost :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D
Who is happy with his

The new circular nickers aren't compatable with the older planes that came with cloverleaf nickers (unless you machine a recess and drill a hole somewhere else) but the thumbwheel is apparently a straight swap for the screw.

LN are sending me a thumbwheel FOC :D

Scott":aeqjy03z said:
LN are sending me a thumbwheel FOC :D
Good for them (and you), but d'you think they're going to wonder why they're being swamped with calls and emails some time later today? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

In the interests of fair play and all that.... :wink:

Latest posts

Back