Kreg Right angle clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to put this up for a bit, but prompted by the fact that some of you may be going to Ally Pally and Brimarc will be there, then it makes sense to review these. No association btw!

right_angle_clamp.jpg

http://www.brimarc.com/home.php3?page=products&pc=C_132_15_1

I use pocket screws and biscuits as my main method of carcase construction for things like kitchen cabinets etc. Its a great system for face frame jointing but when doing 90deg joints there is a tendency for the faces to separate and for one to creep past the other when tightening the screws.

These clamps solve the problem completely, no more awkward 90 deg bracing angles or long clamps getting in the way.

I bought two (which I think is nececssary) and put one at each end of a panel and then work my way towards the centre but leaving the clamps where they are until the end.

They are not inexpensive at c £18 each but the speed and ease of construction now is so vastly improved.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the review and photo tim. I've been thinking of ways of easing contruction like this, and now you have come up with an elegant solution!

I am going to have a kitchen project very soon, this is really interesting. Trend don't sell one even though they have a pocket hole jig.

What I do is clamp a piece of timber behind the panel you are screwing at 90degree so that the screws can't drive it out of flush. Better if you have a clamp guide the task is easier again.

CYC":1qmmjl5i said:
What I do is clamp a piece of timber behind the panel you are screwing at 90degree so that the screws can't drive it out of flush. Better if you have a clamp guide the task is easier again.

until the back panel is in and you can't clamp from both sides....

T

Different methods of construction then. I rebate all my back panels in a groove so that I can use cabinet hangers etc. Therefore for me its every time..

Cheers

Tim

Wow, an incredibley useful and innovative new cramping device and it's not made by BESSEY!! :shock:

And another one to add to the list! :wink:

Back