Kreg Precision Mitre Gauge and Bosch GTS10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these two are compatible? The mitre gauge sold with the Bosch is pretty naf, but slides in on a t slot on the saw table. I just wondered whether anyone knew whether the kreg mitre gauge would fit in the slot as i cant seem to find the size of the bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just measured mine and it is 18.6 x 9.66 x 610 mm. Basically 3/4 x 3/8 x 24 inches.

The multiple bar width adjusters make it easy to adjust to be a snug sliding fit in the mitre slot. At the time I bought it it was the only decent gauge that would fit my 20mm wide mire slots.

Misterfish

Multiple bar adjusters? What is that?

Will have a look to see if 3/4 by 3/8 will fit in the Bosch, thanks!

The bar has 5 width adjusters. These are basically holes drilled across the mitre bar which are tapped with a thread and have long nylon grub screws which can be adjusted to give a nice fit to the mitre slot. If you look at http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Miter ... dview.html near the bottom of the page there is a small picture and paragraph titled 'No Play in the Miter Slot'

Misterfish

So the fixture bar is just the same bar that comes with the gauge...
The mitre slot in the Bosch is 16.5, the kreg is 19mm. Would it be able to adjust to get 3mm thinner?!

Have you considered an INCRA mitre gauge ? . . . . . 'around the same price as the kreg, I got one a while back and am very happy with it. The Incra can also be adjusted to fit using A similar method to the kreg.

The problem is the same as the Kreg, it can be adjusted but I gather only to be made to fit into a bigger slot. Is this correct? The Bosch slot is 16.5mm and the kreg and incra are 19mm-I think.

The problem is when cross cutting.

The reason i thought of the Kreg is that it has a stop, so that when crosscutting obviously you hold the timber against the top, push the gauge through the slot and there you have an accurate cut. The gauge that comes with the saw does not, so cross cutting becomes a pain. Yes it has a fence, but that means moving the wood not the gauge, keeping the end against the fence-which is just not any good. Any suggestions anyone?

Do you mean you have a wooden fence on your mitre gauge? If so, why don't you make a moveable stop of your own? Click this Linky which may give you some food for thought on how you can adapt the mitre gauge. HTH.

Oz

Yes, the standard bar will only fit into a standard 3/4 inch wide mitre slot or wider. For a narrower mitre slot you would need to replace or have the bar machined narrower

Misterfish

Ossie, thanks for that link unfortunately I don't have a wooden fence and it doesnt really work for my saw. Also not sure what stops the stop from moving as you cut....but thats something else.

Any other suggestions from anyone else how I can make a cross cutting stop on my mitre gauge with a stop? Bit of a shame about the Kreg...

Hi,

I have the same problem as you but I was just thinking about this and it might be possible to put on a wooden fence.

It would need to have a T groove. I will measure the attachment and see if I can fond a router bit that will make the correct size groove. If I can do this it will solve some problems as at present neither of us can have an effective 'Stop' for mitre cuts.

Will let you know.

if you were to build a crosscut sled,(there are any number of designs on the net) it is fairly easy to ensure that you have no play in the mitre slot and you could add adjustable stops to the sled`s fence.

Ian

Back