Knowlege of Mac web cam and making video with it please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

First off, I have been forced to move over to my MAC computer as my Windows PC died the other day.
I was in the middle of making an introductory video for my YouTube channel; namely Jazzwayze. Just search that on the tube if you're interested btw!

So, can one make videos with the Mac web cam? Just a short, 'talking-head', to explain my switching from guitar to painting on my channel. (The reason is, I had a mini-stroke last year. The only effect it had on me was to rob me of the fine co-ordination necessary to play guitar to an acceptable performing standard.

So what I'd like to know is how to make a short video to explain to my subscribers what's gone on.

Any knowledge gratefully received and my thanks in anticipation

Many Regards

John

Yes, you can do that with the "Photo Booth" programme which is installed on your mac. Launch the programme, and in the bottom left hand corner you will see three little icons, click on the one on the right to switch to the video camera, click the red button to record.
You can edit the video in "imovie" if you need to.

Sorry to hear about your mini-stroke, John.

But on the bright side you can now enjoy all the benefits that using a Mac can bring :D

Seriously though...there are load of very happy Mac users here and I'm sure we can help you should the need arise.

There's also plenty of good advice on the web on making the switch. For example...here.

Thanks for that folks. I managed to find photo booth. The conditions need to be right to record though, so I have to get some better lighting, or record in daylight. In the end I made an on-the-fly file with my phone camera. Nothing special, and I should have at least shaved first! But the video is up on my channel, Brummie accent and all, so my subscribers know what's happening.
if any one is interested just go to Youtube.com/user/jazzwayze. You can hear my music and listen to me droning on! Lol!

It looks like I can use the phone cam for the actual painting videos, but I think I am going to invest a couple of hundred in a decent camcorder, for better results. The quality of the painting is up to me of course!
Now I have to learn how to copy and paste on the Mac, and how to get it to auto correct spelling errors. It doesn't seem to work like Windows. it will highlight the errors, but I'm hanged if I can find out which buttons to press to make the corrections, or add to the dictionary! Oh well, live and learn!

How to copy and paste on the Mac, and how to get it to auto correct spelling errors. Got it! Have to include the control key.

A bit cumbersome, when a single click would do in Windows. But at least it works!

Thanks again everyone

John :D

Robbo3":170kyq6n said:
Brilliant guitar playing. Gave me a kick anyhow. :)

That's very kind of you Robbo. Thanks for the compliment. Not so good now though unfortunately. But I still try!

Thanks again

John

Back