knock down bed frame

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.J.Carpentry

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good solid knock down bed frame fitting? I want something that will pull the rails tight into the post. the ones pictured are from Rockler but I don't want to wait for US postage.

Attachments

• 28589-02-1000.jpg
    28589-02-1000.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 15
Our knock-down bed is made from American tiger maple and uses large recessed square headed bolts with black swivel covers. The bolts pass through the bed heads into each rail where there is a recessed nut. They are incredibly strong. I have to say at this point that I didn't make the bed, we commissioned it from a fabulous maker Vermount Furniture Design we found when on holiday in New England in 2001. I've just looked on their website and they have changed the design to the Rockler ones!

I've used similar ones before , I think they came from Ironmongery Direct or maybe Screwfix. They're easy to use as no need for dowels which the bolt type require. It wouldn't be too hard to weld up your own.

Can anyone recommend a good solid knock down bed frame fitting? I want something that will pull the rails tight into the post. the ones pictured are from Rockler but I don't want to wait for US postage.

I have a set of these for sale on this site.

I made our bed with the first set I had and they are excellent, very strong but easy to knock apart woith a mallet.

Last edited:
I bought similar from fleabay [China copy] when I built a bed, BUT, the 'hooks' were only pressed into the plate & tended to pull out. Rather than weld I filed a chamfer on the inner side of the holes, refitted the hooks, then peined over the back of the hook. Worked a treat.

Back