Knob for dimmer switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
Trying to find a couple of replacement knobs for a dimmer switch. I can find loads without the protruding skirt, but they won't work, as that skirt fits through a hole in the plate, and the spindle is too short for a conventional knob.
The spindle diameter is 6mm with a flat, and the external diameter of the skirt us around 10mm. The other dimensions don't really matter much, within reason.
I may just have to buy a new 2 gang LED compatible dimmer, but I'd rather not, if I can help it.
IMG_20220104_161239.jpg
IMG_20220104_161226.jpg
IMG_20220104_161216.jpg
IMG_20220104_161208.jpg

I probably will end up doing that. I just don't like throwing perfectly good stuff into landfill, if I can avoid it.
Borasic? No. Tight? Yes
As for time on my hands, it'll take me longer to change the switch than to replace two knobs.

The only way you’re going to get some of those is if you have a very friendly electrician who is ripping some old rubbish out and you could persuade him to take the trouble to save some for you.

I probably will end up doing that. I just don't like throwing perfectly good stuff into landfill, if I can avoid it.
Borasic? No. Tight? Yes
As for time on my hands, it'll take me longer to change the switch than to replace two knobs.
Plus the hours spent Googling for the replacement ! Or creating and reading this thread !

Back