Kneeler stool...plans?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I will shortly need a new 'puter chair upstairs and quite fancy one of those ergonomic kneeler stools. Anyone point me in the right direction for some plans? - Rob

Hi Rob

I thought the same as you, some years ago, and made one, based on some very clear photos. I used it for a while, but couldn't get on with it. It's in the loft if you fancy trying one out.

My father in law thought the same, and bought one. I took it to a charity shop for him recently, having helped clear out his loft!

The trouble is, although they make sense initially, and feel like they are doing you good, they are just not adaptable enough. You can sit up straight and type, but you can't lean back and watch video or listen to music in one.

I recommend a decent quality office chair, with all the proper adjustments for height, tilt, arms, angles etc. Sorry!

Good to hear that Andy, ta. I was just having a look at them on Amazon and people who'd bought them thought they were quite good, but I've never tried one. Maybe a decent office/typing chair then - Rob

woodbloke":ioa0g9fd said:
Good to hear that Andy, ta. I was just having a look at them on Amazon and people who'd bought them thought they were quite good, but I've never tried one. Maybe a decent office/typing chair then - Rob

The problem with amazon reviews is that they are typically done a few days after purchase. It is alright for a book, but on other items, providing it was assembled easily, they tend to score highly.

Yes Rob.

A 'bells and whistles' office chair I think. Plenty of those are ergonomically designed.

I've given up on them until I lose the last of my excess weight. I go through average office chairs like doses of salts!
All the best. Hope you are enjoying your retirement m'man. :D

Definitely need to try before you buy, or in this case make, if you have the slightest problems with your knees or lower legs then the amount of support you can be forced to take on them with some units can put you in a discomfort zone after a while.

CHJ":1ew74jai said:
Definitely need to try before you buy, or in this case make, if you have the slightest problems with your knees or lower legs then the amount of support you can be forced to take on them with some units can put you in a discomfort zone after a while.
No problems in that area Chas, but as John has said, I'll probably go for a decent office type chair...without arms :evil: I can't stand arms on a chair when I'm typing - Rob

Benchwayze":1dzoeb49 said:
All the best. Hope you are enjoying your retirement m'man. :D

That goes without saying John. As PaulC has often told me..."it's the best job he's ever had." And he's right! :D - Rob

Latest posts

Back