Knee Pain...Help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suffered with knee pain for about 4 years . I played lots of sport up to being about 35. Finally got sick of the pain about 40ish, went to the local hospital, had an MRI, told i had a perfect knee with about the wear and tear of a 25 year old. So then I paid to see a surgeon on the advice of a family friend physio.
Dropped lucky, paid him the consultation fee, joined his NHS waiting list and they paid for the op doing in a private hospital. When i came round, he gave me a number of photos explaining what he'd done - basically 5 ops in one, Chondroplasty (?), torn cartilage, remove some floating bone bits & some more. 10+ years later, its just starting to give me a some grief again.
I'd second all those that say go an pay someone who knows what they are doing and get it sorted.

Got sick of limping around and scoffing painkillers like I'm Max Payne so I bought one of these:

HoJbTaq.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B085KM5K9V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow! Instant relief and I can walk around without limping too much even without the painkillers. I haven't given it a full work-day yet but initial impressions were good enough to write this, well worth £16.

One workday complete, it's a night and day difference in how I feel once the day's over. Hopefully it'll heal a bit quicker now it's not getting so much strain every day.

My knees are well past their prime. I found a good osteopath/chiropractor wizard type chap, upshot of it all was my legs were out of balance, he sorted that , told me to throw my work boots out and in future once they become worn get new ones, keep your knees warm (i wear padded work trouser year round) and I NEVER work without kneepads. If you carry a wallet in a hip pocket, try a week or two not doing so, in my case it was pushing my pelvis out of alignement when sitting and especially when driving.
If i do all that and make sure i wear decent footwear if walking for more than half an hour or so, no problems at all. I wear high workboots that give additional support to the ankle and this also helps, though took a while to get used to.

Wow, a wallet caused you problems?
Just how many 50£ notes do you carry around? :p

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Go to a doctor. Don't go a chiropractor, don't go to an osteopath, don't get Reiki, don't take homeopathic remedies, or herbs, or spices, don't go to a witch doctor or a priest. Go to a doctor, with a proper medical degree.

I must disagree, doctors in my experience just want to dole out anti inflamatories and pain killers, then months later if no better might suggest some physiotherapy.

Once any major medical problem has been excluded, a doctor is’nt going to help sort out habits / behaviour that cause problems.

The chiro/osteo/ independent all round wizard i’ve seen for nearly 30 years on and off, balances the body up ( for want of a better term) gives me simple exercises to keep that balance and sees the silly things that cause issues as the years pass.

Don’t wear overly worn shoes
Boots offer better support than shoes
Keep warm (it encourages blood flow and allows the body to work as it should) i wear padded trousers 10 months a year, very rarely work in a t shirt and always make sure back isn’t exposed tween shirt and trousers.
The wallet tilting the pelvis
Tense your abdominals when lifting
The tennis ball trick for back and hip pain

All simple and obvious when pointed out, changes your behaviour and bad habits. This chap is a legend locally.

I can cite seven "properly qualified" GP's who have failed me and my family miserably over the last 50 years, and also three "properly qualified" surgeons, all operations having to be done again years later to rectify the faults.
On the other hand, I can praise TWO "properly qualified" surgeons, one chiropractor, and one osteopath.

I saw a physio for my back on recommendation. He was brilliant.
When I needed to be seen by the Dr to be signed off he started examining me and I mentioned I'd seen this particular physio. Ahh. No problems. Show me where to sign was his reaction. Another Dr from the same surgery later recommended a osteopath as she had used him. He was also excellent and really solved the issue I had developed of over protecting my back. Best £30 I ever spent. He bent me about a bit but really he released a plug in my mind I'd been storing up for years. Really. It was life changing.
What people need to see is an excellent practitioner. I was lucky to see 3. Dr, Physio and Osteopath.
You have to be careful about taking your experiences and applying them to everyone else without foundation.
I draw the line at essential oils. :wink:
And Dentists.
I have no regard for them. Slippery bastar#s the lot of them. Same ilk as estate agents and traffic wardens. Misery Agents.
Lost their right to be associated with the the positive attributes of the NHS years ago.

Back