Knee pads.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalbot

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good quality set of knee pads?
Primarily they need to be really comfortable and they need to be a decent fit - a lot of the ones i've tried in the past fall down my legs when done up to their tightest..and i've got pretty big legs. Price isn't an issue.

thanks.

After 20 plus years in the game I only recently started using knee pads. I bought a few pairs of dewalt trousers and use their pads they were on special in screwfix about £30 with wooly hat belt and pads . If you do buy trousers make sure when u bend down the pads are in the right place.

chippymart":2rq36u72 said:
Get some Snickers trousers. Much more comfy than having a band around your knee.
Or Dickies. Replacement knee pads made from old Karrimat, doubled up if necessary.
PS or new Karrimat - a tenner for five years worth of knee pads.

chippymart":2922g8pa said:
Get some Snickers trousers. Much more comfy than having a band around your knee.

Not the cheapest, but after having tried the external ones, Dewalt and other trousers over the years - Snickers pants are in a league of their own. So much so - all my work pants are Snickers pants.

As with all things - quality doesn't come cheap. Depends on what your knees are worth? :shock:

Dibs

Looks like it's a pair of snickers trousers then. And yes, they are expensive but as with all things you only get what you pay for.
I've always been a bit sceptical of those trousers in the past, but having spoke to a floor fitter recently and with your recommendations..i'm sold.
Thanks for the info people.

digitalbot":1b0agmjr said:
Looks like it's a pair of snickers trousers then. And yes, they are expensive but as with all things you only get what you pay for.
I've always been a bit sceptical of those trousers in the past, but having spoke to a floor fitter recently and with your recommendations..i'm sold.
Thanks for the info people.

A friend of mine who's a bit of a cheapskate got his wife to sew "pockets" on the knees of a pair of his jeans. He then used squares of thick carpet underlay in them and it worked perfectly. He was so impressed that he got her to do several more but this time with the pockets on the inside 'cos his mates called him patch when he wore the first pair. Only downside of that is he has to drop his pants to insert or remove the pads - not a pretty sight :lol:

No fool though - cost him nowt :wink:

Bob

Dibs-h":4gadczbw said:
As with all things - quality doesn't come cheap. Depends on what your knees are worth? :shock:

Dibs

Absolutely.

My dad is a plumber - always on his knees at work. 6 months ago he had the fright of his life - (long story shortened) a knee infection which led to hospitalisation and was close to losing his leg (once the bone gets infected). Luckily his infection cleared up, but he still had 7 weeks off work with SSP, so a decent pair of work trousers with knee protection is a must for me from now on.

Cheers

Karl

Snickers customer service is 2nd to none as well. I bought a pair and the snap button on the rear pocket fell off. Returned them to the supplier (local) and 2 days later got a call to drop in.

Snickers had replaced the pants FOC and also left me the original ones and gave me a polo shirt as way of apology.

Haven't experienced customer service like that ever!

Dibs

Latest posts

Back