Kity TS200 Clone Smoking......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrockliffe

Established Member
Reaction score
Odd one, could do with some pointers from anyone that's had their TS200 or clone in bits and can have a guess at what's going on without me having to completely disassemble everything.

So the tablesaw is working absolutely perfectly, sharp balde, no burning, cuts really well, glides through the wood as well as it ever has. So long as the balde is at 90 degrees. As soon as I put an angle on it it labours and smokes. I've had it as low as 8 degrees tilt to cause the smoke.

I can't see any issues, it still isn't burning the wood and I've blown all the dust out. All I can think is the angle is causing it to load a bearing slightly and that's not spinning right. But it doesn't feel any different to turn the blade, so i'm not convinced.

Anyone any ideas?

I had a similar problem with my kitty bestcombi 2000, it turned out to be the blade wasn't tilting parell to the table. The front pivot is attached to a plate bolted to the front of the machine so I could slacken the bolts and adjust it.

Pete

That's interesting, something to look at. I realised that the issue is actually related to the lift of the blade, it smokes if I lift the blade up to maybe an inch and a half past the table surface when not tilted over too. Tilting it over is having the effect of lifting the blade too I guess.

Anyway, I then wondered if there's a belt that might be slipping, though it's not an overly rubbery smell from the smoke?

No, I'm not certain of anything to be honest. Maybe I'll go for my boroscope next. It's a lot of disassembly to get a look at anything around the blade, drive and motor.

Back