kity... the return (?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve
There was an article in GWW saying that they were back owned now by Scheppach and available through NMA - including parts. It will be interesting to see how market them against the Scheppach machines.
Cheers
Gidon

I picked up a flyer at the ally pally show saying "Kity UK a new dawning"

Quote:
"In 2004 the assests of Electroli SAS were acquired by Schepach FvH Gmbh & Co and a new company, Kity SAS, is operating from bischwiller, France - the home of the Kity Brand since 1948. Kity UK - a wholy owned subsidiary of NMA (Agencies) Ltd. has been awarded the Kity agency in the United Kingdom. This presents "A New Dawining" for the much respected Kity Brand. It offers consistancy and peace of mind for thousands of Kity Users and confidence for all new customers who desire to enhance their workshop space with Kity quality."

I guess that means they exist! - In fct I was in france in december and their was Kity kit in evidence in the shops there. Now if someone could tell me what the model number for my old dionosaur kity is I might be able to source spare parts!

Les

The new Kity website is already much more informative than the old one.

;) :)

Gill

tenoning jig..... I`ve never seen one of these. Anyone ever used one on a kity????

steve

Kity
That tenoningjig looks interesting-never seen one of those in person. (bottom right of 419 page)
Mind you.........
2005_0322woodwork0002.jpg

this is a great bit of kit if you can get hold of one!
Cheers
Philly :D

I`ve made my own ply version from some plans I found on the net, I was just wondering if anyone had used the kity one at all?

steve

Can't figure out how that Kity tenoning device actually works :-k

I love my Kity 419 :wink: and can't help noticing that it costs £100 more at Toolmart than NMA and NMA are about £85 more than I paid for mine :lol:

incidentally, I found out a while back that the '...' is called an elipsis :roll:

It's not a tennoning jig as we know it. It is used with the 8mm groover provided to cut comb or finger joints, maybe something got lost in the translation.

Jason

Someone asked about the kity 419 on another forum this week and I went to a few tool sites and found a number of kitys on sale again.
KityUKs site is the most expensive at well over £100 more expensive than some of the suppliers

Hee heeee! C'mon guys! That's not fair! Poor old Philly must be in bits with you all all ignoring his outrageous gloat and sticking to the topic!Surely that wasn't in the script!?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What gloat :?

As soon as i see Philly's avatar AND a PICTURE,
i shut my eyes and quickly scroll down. :p :lol: 8)

TX

You lot really are'nt much fun anymore....... :lol: :lol:
Come on, I'm only trying to be helpful
The Gloatrageous One :norm:

philly that is one nice piece of kit will something so well made as that fit on the kity and not bend the table :wink: :lol: :lol:

all hail to :norm:

Back