Kity PT8500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone

I’ve inherited a small bench top planer thicknesser which cosmetically is in great condition but mechanically could do with a tune up (possibly new bearings). Does anyone know of a company (in the north east) who would be able to have a look at this for me? I’d have a go myself but just don’t have the time and I could do with getting this running asap.

Cheers
Pete

I suspect a service like that will cost far more than the machine is actually worth. I would say either do it yourself or get a much better machine, those cheap Chinese re-badge machines are hopeless for accurate work.

Thanks "against the grain". I'd been struggling to find much info on this P/T at all. It did look like it was quite cheaply made so I suspected it was possibly Chinese. It now doesn't even turn on at all so I'm going to have a go at stripping it all down as you suggest and see how I get on. It doesn't look like it's had a hard life so I'd be surprised if it's the motor that's failed. More than likely it's something to do with the switch which is cheap and plasticky.

It looks very similar in design to the “Woodstar” machines, which use electrical interlocks on the dust chute that clip into the bed, if these aren’t in place the machine will not start.

It will be a very loud machine as it most likely has a universal motor as opposed to an induction motor.

Ah great thanks “against the grain”! That’s exactly why the machine wasn’t turning on! Thanks, you’ve saved me a lot of hassle dissembling the electronics and testing them. But you are right, it is VERY loud.

Back