Kity P/T engineering issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I'd taken Before and After photos, but, sorry guys, I didn't.

My mate stuart has bushed out both the wheels with phosphor bronze, and replaced the two cutter-block bearings. He has a 12T press in the workshop, which we definitely needed because they weren't budging with a bearing puller.

Now it is all back together, everything is smoooooth, and it is SO QUIET. It purrs.

I've not changed the knives because Charlie still has all this pallet wood to process, but even with the old knives in it is still producing a better finish than it did before.

I have a bit of snipe on surface planing, which means the knives are too proud of the outfeed table. Unfortunately, the outfeed table, whilst adjustable, is already at its upper limit, so next time I change the knives I shall have to remember to lower the table a bit before setting the knives.

I am astonished at the difference. It's like new, only better!

There were a few french machine makers around some we're late going bump to. Lurem in domfont. Kity. Some others to.

johnnyb":3e8y30po said:
Or sometimes that the tables droopy!I'm glad to hear your kit(t)y is back purring!

That's a point, I haven't checked for planarity. But I don't think that was ever an issue in the past. I'll check, though.

Really glad to hear your table is fixed "better than new", Steve, and hopefully you'll be able to help any others with similar issue down the road.

Knowing guys with heavy machinery always helps :)

Back