kity K5 Motor Arrangement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantungman

Reaction score
I have just acquired a load of Kity machines including two 636 planers, 627 and 628 spindle moulders and a 617 saw. One of the 636s and the 627 were acquired separately without a motor. The other units include the motor that has a 230V line and what appears to be a 3 phase line coming out of the control box that allow switching between the machines. my plan is to clean up the motor but I didn't expect 3 phase power. does this sound familiar?

Attachments

• Kity Motor.jpg
    Kity Motor.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to the forum.
I don't think that I can help but I don't like someones first post to go unanswered.
I have a Kity combo machine and I don't think that your motor is a kity item looks like it could be a 3ph motor with an inverter fitted on top but there are others on the forum who know far more about motors than I do.

Hi
I'm of similar opinion to Powertools. It is possible it's a Kity motor, you can find that out if the rating plate is visible but looks likely to be 3 phase converted. I'd be nervous of trying to use that before having it checked out for safety.

I can't get to my pdf files at the minute but have jst scanned a picture of the commonly used old Kity motors in case of interest. I think I still have a manual for the 617 but that's ne easy to get at either however they are around to download on line.

Kity motors 001.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
I don't think that I can help but I don't like someones first post to go unanswered.
I have a Kity combo machine and I don't think that your motor is a kity item looks like it could be a 3ph motor with an inverter fitted on top but there are others on the forum who know far more about motors than I do.
Thanks for your concern. I had the feeling that it might take a while to get some good advice. I will post addition photos. Cheers
Hi
I'm of similar opinion to Powertools. It is possible it's a Kity motor, you can find that out if the rating plate is visible but looks likely to be 3 phase converted. I'd be nervous of trying to use that before having it checked out for safety.

I can't get to my pdf files at the minute but have jst scanned a picture of the commonly used old Kity motors in case of interest. I think I still have a manual for the 617 but that's ne easy to get at either however they are around to download on line.

View attachment 103427
Many thanks. I will post the motor plate which indicates it’s a Kity, plus shot of the two cable ends. I am guessing that 3 phase is somehow involved given the 5 strands of wire.
Hi

View attachment 103427
I now realise that I have a Kity Direct Drive unit that has 3 pulleys attached. There is a sort of gear box that switches between units. Finding a manuel so far has been difficult except via a website that charges 10 euros but doesn't provide a preview (so who knows if it is the one I need?) The unit, shown below has a one phase plug and apparently a 3 phase wire.

Attachments

• 52645163-CE94-45F3-821A-79CA76F01D2A.jpeg
    52645163-CE94-45F3-821A-79CA76F01D2A.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 41
  • F29FC462-927B-4E5E-97B7-73A9C00A0447.jpeg
    F29FC462-927B-4E5E-97B7-73A9C00A0447.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 39
I don't have a manual or brochure for the direct drive as they got binned years ago but this might be of some interest.

I found my pdf for the 617 if of any use to you, mostly in French but plenty of diagrams, if these aren't clear you would need to pm me with your email address so I can send them direct.
cheers
Bob

Attachments

• Kity 617.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
  • Kity Direct Drive.png
    Kity Direct Drive.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 59
Many thanks. I nearly hit the jackpot on Kity manuals at the French site Passion Usinages forumgratuit. I found about 75 manuals and instructions but not anything specific about the Kity Direct drive motor. I will see what my French colleagues come up with. Cheers PS. I also now have an electrician friend willing to take a look.

It appears that the Kity Direct Drive motor I have is single phase but it has attached a clutch box that may be used with either a single phase or 3-phase motor. The clutch box allows you to switch between the four units on the work table. In my case the 617 saw, 628 spindle moulder and 636 planer/thicknesser.
When I plugged it in and turned the power on the clutch box lit up like a Christmas tree. As the tool selector switch was in neutral the motor was not turning. When I selected one of the tools the circuit breaker cut out and my house fell into darkness. It was a 30 amp socket circuit so now I’m not sure if it is the clutch box or a switch. Fortunately I did find an original wiring diagram folded inside the clutch box. I will post this schematic later.
It would be great to hear from someone that knows this Direct Drive unit. I contacted a fellow who was selling a newer model who didn’t have the clutch box but instead changed the belts manually to switch machines. I would be happy with that option but I would have to stop the clutches off and possibly get new pulleys.

It appears that the Kity Direct Drive motor I have is single phase but it has attached a clutch box that may be used with either a single phase or 3-phase motor. The clutch box allows you to switch between the four units on the work table. In my case the 617 saw, 628 spindle moulder and 636 planer/thicknesser.
When I plugged it in and turned the power on the clutch box lit up like a Christmas tree. As the tool selector switch was in neutral the motor was not turning. When I selected one of the tools the circuit breaker cut out and my house fell into darkness. It was a 30 amp socket circuit so now I’m not sure if it is the clutch box or a switch. Fortunately I did find an original wiring diagram folded inside the clutch box. I will post this schematic later.
It would be great to hear from someone that knows this Direct Drive unit. I contacted a fellow who was selling a newer model who didn’t have the clutch box but instead changed the belts manually to switch machines. I would be happy with that option but I would have to stop the clutches off and possibly get new pulleys.
Old thread but here goes, I have just bought one and info seems scarce, I'd love to see that wiring diagram if possible. Any chance of a scan? Did you sort it out?

Back