Kity K5 Combination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTurner

Reaction score
Hi, I have just inherited a 1983 Kity K5 Combination table. Everything works well and looks good, however the belt is worn and needs replacing. I measured it at 820mm x 15mm, does anyone know where I can get these belts and would a 20mm be better as it is flat and slides on and off the spindles according to the tool being used so width does not seem critical? Also does anyone know the saw blade size both diameter and centre? Many thanks, Richard

GeordieTurner":68x6ld1m said:
Hi, I have just inherited a 1983 Kity K5 Combination table. Everything works well and looks good, however the belt is worn and needs replacing. I measured it at 820mm x 15mm, does anyone know where I can get these belts and would a 20mm be better as it is flat and slides on and off the spindles according to the tool being used so width does not seem critical? Also does anyone know the saw blade size both diameter and centre? Many thanks, Richard
Is it splayed legs or straight model ?

Older spayed leg model had 2 belts. 1 @ 710 x 15mm for normal speed and 750 x 15 fast speed
Later model only 1 belt was 810 x 15mm but I don't know if a 20mm belt would be ok, might put extra load on the motor perhaps?
Sounds as if you have the later version like mine and either your measurement is slightly off or more likely the belt has stretched.belts were available on ebay but any belt supplier should be able to get you one.

If splayed then the original blade would have been 7" ( 180mm) but it is capable of taking up to maximum 8" ( 200mm ). Unfortunately the centre bore will be 15mm which is a bit less common.
The later model ( pre Bestcombi ) came with 8" blade as standard, same bore.

I'm just north of Morpeth and have manual for the later model and a leaflet for the earlier plus other info. PM me with your email address and / or mobile if you want more info.

Bob

PS I've owned mine since bought new in 1987 and we used to sell them in the North East late eighties / early nineties.

Back