Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that flange is terrible! I don't think it's come from the factory like that, possibly it's worn somehow? I have no idea! I'd be very careful if you plan to flatten it with a belt sander, it's all too easy to take too much off one side or make it curved in one dimension.

Also, that reducer is WAY too fat! Ideally, it needs to be just a bit thinner than the plate itself.

Any suggestions on where I could get a new flange (that was a sentence I didn't think I'd say today :) ) and a new reducer?
I got the last one from Axminster Tools.

I doubt there's much chance of a replacement flange anywhere but as Trevanion has suggested I'd take up his kind offer to machine it for you. It's easy enough to machine alloy.
If you want to do it yourself, another way is scribe an outer circle maybe 6mm wide around the face and use a dremel to hollow out the inner surface slightly after which it will grip the blade as it should.
Or..... mark the surface with a felt pen and take a wide fine file to it and you'll have it flat in minutes with care!

I bought reducing rings from Axi as well and they were OK, is it a Freud blade as they tend to be thin plate but it's simple to grind down the one you have and then just keep it in place with a couple of "pops" with a punch.

Thanks for the guidance chaps, I'll have a go at it this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Hi, could I please get a copy of the manual for this machine please? Managed to pick one up recently and looking forward to getting it into use. Many thanks

donnaidh":1gwjaxue said:
Hi, could I please get a copy of the manual for this machine please? Managed to pick one up recently and looking forward to getting it into use. Many thanks
I'll send you a pm with my email address.

Hi All
New here....and would like a bit of advice
I have bought a Kity K5 which only has one belt running the saw
I can see how the belt (turned to figure eight ) would run the spindle moulder
But how does it drive the planer thickener it appears far too long.
Also how to fit the sander bobbin to the Spindle moulder shaft ... if that is where it goes
Any replies greatly appreciated

Regards Mori

Hi Mori do you need a copy of the manual or do you have one?

You're right about the belt for the spindle moulder but it should also be a direct fit on to the planer as the pulley on that is in line with and same spacing as the saw. Either the belt has stretched or the planer need adjusting on the table would be best guess.
The sanding bobbin just fits over the spindle and is clamped down by the cap washer and nut etc.
I'll send you a pm with my email address in case you need the info
cheers
Bob

Good day Bob,

Any possibility that you can forward me the manual as well? Recently got this machine and keen to get started.

Regards
Francois

Hello All,

Just joined as I am looking at getting into hobby wood craft and I am currently looking for a Combi machine if anyone is selling one or knows of one for sale? Cheers, Mike

Hi guys, I have just purchased a Kity K5 from ebay and am very happily learning it's functions. I have a few questions if anybody can help.
Firstly (a long shot), in 2011 Bob had the original instruction manual in PDF, Roos and Cliff had copies from him. Could anyone please email me a copy?

Secondly mine does not have the word Kity on it anywhere, the sticker says Woodmen K5. Is this the same machine, I am guessing the machine may have evolved over the years as mine does not look identical to the pictures posted on here?

All the info you read on the internet says about a 20mm shaft on the spindle, I have found a company in France who sell 20 to 30mm reducers and was going to order some after this virus has passed. I even managed to find a 20mm block but was shocked to find my machine has a 15 mm shaft. I don't know what to do next

Also I have the bits that slot in the side of the thicknesser. What are they for? I can't work it out!

Many thanks in advance for any advice, stay safe,
Neil

Hi Neil
I'll send you a pm.

The original K5 with splayed leg table had a 15mm shaft on the spindle moulder, was changed to 20mm on second version then 30mm on the Bestcombi. Versions were produced under the Woodmen label, bits you describe should be a slot morticer.
regards
Bob

Hi would it be possible to get that PDF I have a K5 needing the instructions manual also where can I buy parts? Many thanks.

Hi all. Hi Bob! I visited my parents for the first time in 3 months yesterday. My dad has been keeping busy clearing out an old work shed that belonged to my mum's brother. It's full of car parts, but buried deep at the back is what looks like a Kity K5. It is on a white base, yellow guards. I couldn't pull it out due to junk stacked around it, but after checking all moving parts were clear, I fired it up. Excitingly, it just whirred into action. As you can imagine, it's all I've thought about since. In my Google searching, I think it's possibly a Woodman? I don't know the year of it, and didn't measure the spindle diameter which I've seen mentioned a lot on this forum. My dad has no intention to ever use it. In fact it's been sat there for 30 years and I don't think he even knew what it was.
Anyway, cutting to the chase, Bob, I wonder if I could trouble you for a copy of the manual you've been sending around the world! I have just joined the forum, and although I've managed to add you as a friend (not for) I can't work out how to pm you. Best regards, DJ

Hi David
I'm going out in a few minutes but have sent you a pm with my email address and if you email me I'll send you so info
cheers
Bob

Latest posts

Back