kity BESTCOMBI 2000 buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjules

Reaction score
Hi wondering if anyone has one of these and can give me a review, I worked on woodworking machines some 22 years ago and did an apprenticship in it, worked on all types of machines, eventually working way up to management and off the machines, worked way into managment of site operations did degrees and professional diplomas in surveying and architecture went even further away from the machine shop. Had a severe nervious breadown a few years back and have suffered from severe depression since, hospitailised, electric shock therpy, the works (something i was ashamed of but have now come to terms with) and am now looking to simplify my work and go back to the things that give me enjoyment, really interested in applying my background in architecture and structures with even further background in working with wood. Have started to develop skills in making yurts using green woodworking skills and would like to make machined timber ones as quicker, someone dear to me has offered to borrow me the money to get back on my feet to buy some machines. I have been looking at a second hand kity bestcombi 2000 and would be really keen to hear anyones view on it. would like to know how robust they are and any general views. Ideally i would like separates but trying to find quality machines within the budget i have is proving to difficult.

I've had one almost since they came out so about 10 -12 years and for its size its a very capable machine but make sure you get one with a sliding table as the supplied mitre guide is not that useful on anything but small mouldings.

To get an idea of what can be done on it have a look through my various sub albums, all done on teh Kity.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v156/jasonballamy/

J

hi jason,

thank you for your reply its really appreciated, your work looks really nice, dovetails are very neat.

Thanks

j

hi Jason,

I would be keen for you to have a quick look at photos of the one im thinking of buying it says it has a sliding table but it looks pretty short to me, not sure if its just the mitre attachement you mention, would be good to know whether additional sliding table attachements that i could purchase separately if its not already fitted, if you could let me know how i could get photos to you would be really grateful.

thanks jules

Resurrecting this to ask, does anyone know if it's possible to rip a sheet of plywood in half on one of these?

Back