KITY 7042 Combination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi folks,
do any of you know anything about the above model Kity machine? I'm thinking of buying it and need to know a good lot more first.

I can send photo's if provided with an e mail address, if that helps.

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

Sorry i do not know much about Kity, but we do have a few members who have Kity machines, Gill, Kityuser (Steve), and someone from NMA Agencies who import Kity machines from France i think it is, so i am sure one of them will be able to help you.

Regards

Woody

Sorry Paul, I can't help you with the combination machine because I only own separates; a Kity 419 tablesaw, a Kity 613 bandsaw, and a Kity planer/thicknesser. Generally speaking, I like Kity :) .

I can't remember the number of the P/T - why do woodworkers love giving their tools numbers instead of names? Names are much easier to remember and can't be confused as easily as I confused the model numbers on a thread earlier today :oops:.

Gill

H Paul

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry but I can't think of anyone here who has a Kity combination machine. To be quite honest, most people tend to prefer separates.

Cheers
Neil

I,ve got a bestcombi 2000 but can't help much with yours. I have looked through my Kity catalogues but can't see that model. Is it a saw/spindle or saw/spindle/planer/thicknesser?

Jason

Paul,

Welcom to the forum

I have a Kity Combi - I belive the model is C-26:

workshop_build_8.jpg

Is this the same thing - looks like it was first used by Noah to build the Ark, but it works OK for most things.

Les

Thankyou all for posting your replies.
Photo's of my Kity should appear shortly to help you,

Paul.

Paul,

It looks like a variation on mine - what exactly do you want to know?

I'm happy enough with mine, but then I got it cheap and it does what I want up to a point. My major gripes with it are:
- The saw: I have never found a blade small enough to actually go below the table so concealed cuts are not possible.
- The rip fence: Max width is about 200mm, and the locking mechanisim is suspect very hard to set it acuratly and impossible to set it repeatably.
- Fidgety belt changes
- Yours seems to have a sliding table on the saw, which I don't have and would be nice
- Mine does not have a mitre track or sliding table on the spindle moulder which restricts it to edge mounding
- I had a major issue when I first got it with the thickness table being out of paralell - it is controlled by four threaded posts connected with a chain, and the chain had jumped on one of the sprockets. Very difficult to re-allign. Worth checking before you buy.

Mine cost me €350 a couple of years ago so it certainly owes me nothing at this stage - having said that when time / space and money allows I will be upgrading - certainly to a better table saw, and potentially to a Hammer combi.

Hope this helps
Les

Paul

I recognise some components from a Bestcombie I had about 12 to 15 yrs ago. About that time it was possible to buy table top separates and construct your own combination. This may be of little help to you, but the variations were around from different agents at that time. I liked my Bestcombie and found only one major fault and that was table size. I couldn't change that as the components were all central to a single motor.

The only problem I would be aware of is spares. I seem to remember with my Kity that often parts and tooling could only be obtained from them.

Thanks so much for your comments. The issue of spare parts bothers me, I have to say.

It's actually been the mainstay of an old chap that used to do my property repairs. Sadly he died a few weeks ago, so I offered to 'sort out' his workshop. Most everything has gone; I just have his Sedgwick 571 Mortiser and this Kity.
The mortiser is more of a pro's tool but I quite fancy the idea of playing around a little with this Kity machine. Like a winter project in my garage so to speak. It obviously works as he was in the process of making up some sash windows for someone. But it was just the availability of spares the bothered me. We sort of thought about £200 to £250 was a reasonable figure. His widow would probably agree to £200 to me.
You can't see in these photo's but the dust extraction is trunked all around the workshop, taking sawdust from the sander, bandsaw, mortiser and workbench. It almost seems a shame to pull it all apart!
I have an engineering background and have never "done" wood, so maybe this is my chance to 'have a go'!!!
So do you folks think the price is reasonable?

my regards,

Paul.

Paul,

That sounds reasonable to me - it looks in much better nick than mine, but having said that I don't know what the prices are like in the UK for second hand woodwork machines...

As to spare parts - if you have an engineering backround I'd say you will be fine, I've had to change a few springs and belts on mine, and got everthing from the local engineering supplies comany.

Certainly mine takes standard sice planer blades and standard spindle tooling - so from that side I see no problems. Even if you don't buy it - the pictures have givine me some nice ideas for dust extraction!

Les

Back