Kity 664

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msvendg2

Reaction score
Hello, my Kity 664 will not work. I think the picture shows the part that don't work. Does anyone know where i can buy a spare part? Best regards Marius from Norway

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
That's a capacitor - usually wired to the motor. A dud capacitor can stop a motor starting properly. They do fail from time-to-time.

The details that you need are written on the label. In the UK they are usually available to buy online. Cost is probably in the order of 10 - 15 GBP, but I don't know about Norway, but not expensive.

The capacitance value is 40 micro-farads (40MFD). Sometimes the 'micro' is written as the Greek letter 'mu'.

The working voltage is a variable value. Do not go lower than what is stated on your capacitor can, but you are quite likely to find working voltages that are higher, say over 300V, this is not a problem and won't effect the working.

If the fitting is size critical, measure the length and diameter and buy that size with the electrical specs you need - otherwise the electrical specs will decide.

It is important that the wires go back to the terminals exactly as they came off, but it is not important which way round (the polarity).

So, search for a 40 MFD capacitor...... stick it into Google and see what comes up!

Good luck

Last edited:
Back