KITY 636

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have purchased a seond-hand Kity 636 planer/thicknesser. Does anyone know where I can purchase new blades (this model number is not listed in the Axminster catalogue) ??

Thanks in advance

Hi Colin
If I am not mistaken, the 637 replaced the 636, but the blades are the same, so anyone selling Kity stuff should be able to supply.

In fact, there is nothing special about the blades, they are plain tool stock (no slots or notches or anything) so any sharpening service shop should be able to supply you with a generic pair. I've just measured my spare set at 260x16.5mm.

If you still have trouble, PM me as I have spare set of Scheppach blades, brand new, which are the same size.

HTH
Steve

Thanks for the prompt reply Steve. I was going to get my blades re-sharpened but the manual says not to knives less than 17mm wide and they are already nearer 16mm ! I will check with Axminster.

Rgds.

I get disposable knives for my Kity from Tool Mart which I have found to be better quality than the Kity items. The guy who runs it used to be part of Stayers who were the Kity importers. They list 260mm HSS resharpenable blades on their site

http://www.toolmartuk.com

Jason

Back