Kity 636 planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll scan it in the next few days and send it as a pdf file - but I will need your email address. Can you PM it to me ? Maybe you need a few more posts before you can do that though.

Hi everyone, sorry to ressurect an old thread but this seemed like as good a place to start as any. I've got a Kity 636 planer thicknesser and recently I've noticed when planing that the timber ends up with a slightly bowed surface, which I've now established is due to the tables being a fraction out of alignment.

I'm aware the tables can be raised and lowered but I'm wondering if there's any way to adjust the angle of one of them so that they run in alignment. I saw a video where a guy used slivers of a tin can as packers to raise one end of the outfeed table, which seemed like a great idea, but I think maybe his machine was just a planer, with no thicknesser. On closer inspection I now realise his solution is difficult on mine because the outfeed table raises and lowers for thicknessing, so there's nowhere to clamp the packers in (And ditto for the infeed table obviously as it's also a moving part.)

Anyway I'm sure I'll figure something out but just thought I'd come on here in the meantime and see if anyone else has ever had this problem, and found a solution?! I guess it could be a problem on other makes too but various relevant parts of the Kity seem to be riveted together so playing about is made more difficult.

Any contributions much appreciated. Cheers!

Back