Kity 636 planer/thicknesser manual & parts list?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy

Reaction score
I've got an old Kity 636 planer/thicknesser which seems to be in perfect condition as far as I can tell.
It's been stood for a few years and I don't want to risk running it until I have properly checked it over, as I don't want to cause any damage to it.
I've also never used this type of machine before and I don't want to make any 'dumb' mistakes with it!!
I wonder if anyone might be able to help me by letting me know how I can get hold of a copy of the operator and parts manual for this machine please?
Thanks very much guys - I would be very grateful for any help!

somebody may well have one on here that they could scan for you. If not, NMA are very helpful, and have some of the kity parts breakdowns and manuals. If they don't, you may have to make do with as close as they have.

Thanks Marcos & Mick,
The reply I got already from NMA wasn't much help:- "Sorry but there are no manuals or parts drawings for this model anymore. The only parts available are the 710 x 6mm drive belt - nothing else".
But they did suggest that some of the members on this site may have old copies of the manual that they might be prepared to copy for me.
I need to follow up a few threads on here as I see that other guys were trying to hunt down the manual about a year ago.
I think that, used properly, the Kity 636 planer/thicknesser is a pretty good machine so I really need the manual to ensure I get it set up correctly! :? :?

i presume you`re after what was the 3 636 with cast alloy tables manual. i spent years trying to get one and was never successful. got one similar to that one currently available and had to workout anything that was not in the manual for myself. good luck. it is a good machine or at least i think it is.
all the best
rob

Yes Rob - that's right
Mine is the one with the cast alloy tables - and with the handwheel missing. Strange that a missing handwheel seems to be a 'common' problem with this machine as well.
Maybe there's a forgotten storeroom somewhere in France (or somewhere in 'tool heaven') stuffed floor to ceiling with manuals, handwheels and all the other spare parts for the Kity 636!
All I have to do is find it!
Cheers

MANY THANKS TO ARGOS AND TO STEVE AND TO ALL WHO OFFERED TO HELP!

I now have the manual and, from a quick glance, it'll enable me to check the machine over and start to use it correctly. Terrific - I'm so pleased!

I only joined the club yesterday - what a result!!

Thanks again guys!!

Hi, I also have the kity 3636 model and if possible would like a copy of the manual. I have one question, can anyone tell me how the sawdust/shaving extraction unit fits to the body

Mrjung69":1n1t54fe said:
Hi, I also have the kity 3636 model and if possible would like a copy of the manual. I have one question, can anyone tell me how the sawdust/shaving extraction unit fits to the body

The hood should come with a bit of bent wire. There is no other way to describe it. Sophisticated it isn't. The ends of said coathanger fit into holes on the inside of the machine. The hood can then be swung, when the thicknessing table is as far down as it will go, from sitting below to collect the chippings when planing, to being over the top of the blade to collect the chippings when thicknessing.

The Kity isn't a bad little machine, and there were some minor improvements, mainly to the fence and the DX hood, when it was relaunched as the 637. You just have to fettle the darn things.

Steve, who has a nicely-fettled 637 after having a very unfettled 636.

Mrjung69":s0ouq9pw said:

As Steve said .... super-duper sophisticated bit of bent wire rod...........
If you pm your e mail I'll send a copy of the manual - (PDF)

Hi guys, I haven't got the sawdust/shavings extraction funnel with my machine and was hoping to fabricate one myself.
I'm encouraged now 'cos my DIY skills certainly run to making a bent bit of wire - all I need now is a drawing & dimensions for the funnel so I can make that!
Can anyone help me with this info / or does anyone know if there is an off the shelf funnel that I can buy?
Cheers chaps!!

Well if you are a metalman and are making your own from scratch, the one for the 637 is MUCH better than that for the 636.
I'd take measurements and pics for you, but, although I own one, I can't get at it at the mo, as I'm between workshops (I hope!).
S

Thanks Steve - that would be great!
Am quite happy to wait until you've got the opportunity and the time to let me have the info.
....and your recommendation for the 637 design as being better is precisely the guidance I was hoping for - so I'll sit tight and wait to hear from you.
(Hope you get into a workshop soon before the withdrawal symptoms really get to you!)

I fear you will wait some time. It's already been in store for 12 months and like to be so for the foreseeable future. And yes, it is driving me nuts.
S

Teddy
I've found the manual, such as it is, for the 637. It shows the two different positions of the DX hopper. There are no dimensions or anything like that, but it does show clearly what it looks like and you can tell, just about, where the pivot point is.
If you email me your address I'll post it to you.
S

Latest posts

Back