Kity 636 help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all long time no posting , need help i have recently completely rebuilt a Kity 636 planer thicknesser, But it came to me without a fence, is there anyone out there that could take and post some detailed pictures so i can attempt to replicate one , thanks in advance Bobcat

I have this photo from when I sold mine and there is a basic picture in the manual.
DD87A3F4-C2F6-4E8A-9F0E-6267D0B17AAB.jpeg

E80B16B1-4AC5-4DEF-977C-868016765A8D.png

From what I recall, it wasn’t over engineered: it being bent, thick-steel sheet attached to 2x rods that locked in place with a Britol lever; plus a thin-sheet steel blade guard under the rods.

Good luck!

Thanks for the picture i have sort of worked it out now, mine has only one 20mm rod which suprisingly i have

I had a (3)636 which was just a little more modern than the one @Alpha-Dave posted above and had the same fence.
This was the weakest part of the design.
The pressed steel fence had a slight skew twist in it - just a mm or so but always annoyed me. I made an oak facing and flattened it.
I suggest you adopt a length of alloy extrusion for the fence, probably still put a facing on it for smooth sliding, and investigate making a bracket to join it to your bar. The Sedgwicks are single bar like this albeit with a complicated cast bracket for tilting the fence.

What did you do in the end for this, I have just picked up a 636 which requires a full restoration, but it also didnt come with its fence so I will need to nake one at some point

Back