KITY 619 / SCHEPPACH TS2500 OR JET SUPERSAW ANY VIEWS!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michel

Established Member
Reaction score
Any views on the KITY 619 / SCHEPPACH TS2500 OR JET SUPERSAW would be helpful.

Looking at all three at the moment.

Michel

James,

Haven't used Kitty,Shep or the Jet, can you qualify your preference for the Shep?

Rgds

Noel

Hi James

sawdustalley":3w2khvj3 said:
NOT the Jet Supersaw!! :evil:

Why do you say this? I have read the review in Good Woodworking, which virtually says don't buy a table saw until you have seen the Jet SS. I have seen the saw itself and was very impressed. I have also decided to buy one after looking at the Kity and the Scheppach.

Have I missed something? Am I about to make a mistake?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Michel

Michel":3kiu38hq said:
Any views on the KITY 619 / SCHEPPACH TS2500 OR JET SUPERSAW would be helpful.

As you will see from my posting above I have decided to go down the Jet route. My reason for doing this is that I fell in love with all that cast iron. The build quality just blew me away.

If you buy the Scheppach I don't think you would be dissapointed. I have read a few negative things about the Kity, nothing drastic, but enough to make me think the Scheppach and Jet are better.

Can you get to a show to see them all?

Cheers
Neil

Neil,

unfortunately can't make a show because i live in Guernsey it costs about an arm and a leg to get over to you, especially at Christmas time.

So i was hoping to make a decision from reviews and opinions, that way i can save some money on travel expenses etc.

I do like the look and spec. of the TS2500 and the TS2000.

Tempted by the extra depth of cut on the TS2500, but not sure if it might be a bit heavy to move around.

James didn't seem very impressed with the jet when he saw it at the Axminster show.

But like you say it had a great review in GWW. :?

Getting closer to a decision!!!

I think :lol:

Cheers

Michel :D

I wasn't impressed with the Jet saw when I had a good look at it with one of the woodworking mag editors, this was at tools 2003. The sliding table was about 5-8mm higher than the actual machine bed. I must admit it did slide VERY smoothly which seemed nice. Also the cast iron was good to see.

The fence didnt appear to be brilliant to be honest. It has a nasty black plastic handle and body, I've seen better.

Also I remember noticing the JET only has 1 mitre gauge slot, not 2 like most saws.

Having said that, it probably wasn't set up "VERY" accuratley and just slung out of a van. It might be a pleasure to use when its set up nicely.

The TS2500 has been around for X number of years now (I don't know the facts) and i'm sure if it was Rubbish it wouldn't be selling much today.

The JET has been around for like 2 months in UK *wow*

Just my 2 pennys. When I have a bigger workshop, I'll get one to review maybe.

Michel,

I've got the TS2500 and like it lots. The wheel kit works OK, but if you're likely to be moving it around a lot I'd question the guys at Scheppach about whether or not the 4 wheel kit for the TS4000 would fit it, which is a lot better arrangement than the 2 wheel TS2500 set.

I saw the Jet Supersaw at Stoneleigh, and spent around 10 minutes looking at it with a couple of guys from Ireland. It looks a good saw to me, and I can't imagine I'd be disappointed with it compared to the Scheppach. It looked a fine machine and was setup reasonably well. The height of the sliding table must be adjustable I'm sure, it strikes me as being one of the obvious things that'll need setting up in situ.

There's also the Record cast-iron top saw and the Xcaliber that Scrit has seen for real. I think it's about time the magazines had a big group-test to cover the main runners in the 10"-12" tablesaw market around the £800-£1500 price. I saw the Kity and Scheppach before deciding on the TS2500 - the fence seemed better to me (fixes securely at one end and flexes very little along its length).

I was originally going to get one of the smaller saws (TS2000 or Kity 419) but after finding that they don't easily fold down their tables, I decided to spend the bigger bucks to get something I'll be happy with for a lot longer.

Good luck with your decision making!

I wonder if Andy King would care to share his thoughts on the merits of the various saws?

Cheers,

AG

Afterglow":3e20ckj5 said:
I think it's about time the magazines had a big group-test to cover the main runners in the 10"-12" tablesaw market around the £800-£1500 price.

Yeah I agree. But AG - You have no idea how hard it is getting stuff for review :x and how much planning that would take.

sawdustalley":31bqje07 said:
I wasn't impressed with the Jet saw ... ... The sliding table was about 5-8mm higher than the actual machine bed.
Sounds badly set-up. I'd expect 0.5mm or so, no more

Scrit

Apparantly some one in Guernsey is looking to buy a ts2500 plus extras as we have had a few calls from dealers asking us for price of shipping to Guernsey and unfortunatley its not cheap. £130.+ vat is the going rate but your best option may be to find your own carriers to ship it for you, or perhaps ask the dealers of Romeril in Jersey as they have ordered Scheppach in the past and use Commodore shipping in Portsmouth to transport their stuff from us. Hopes this helps but suspect not. :roll:

Hi all

Has anyone!!! got anything good to say about the Kity 619? an owner perhaps?
I looked at one with Scrit at the NW WW show, and to me it looked Okay.
Although I did`nt get the chance to compare with the other saws mentioned, which is what I wanted to do at the time.

Cheers
Steve

Back