• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Kity 619 or similar Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Long shot but I am watching the various market places for a new table saw, ideally 10 inch blade min. something along the lines of a Kity 619 or Scheppach/Axmister/Charnwood equivalent. If anyones looking to move one along, I would be glad to have a discussion.
Cheers
Daniel

ITech seem to have a decent reputation (if I recall they’re the same saw as the SIP and others), but I’m in the solid old machines camp.

I’ve seen so many videos of people spending ages fettling new saws (finding missing or incorrect fasteners included, parts damaged in transit, filing edges of rough castings... sending machines back because of too much play and other problems), that I don’t see half an hour with a bit of scotchbrite, perhaps wiring in a new motor or a VFD as a big deal. I’ve also seen umpteen posts, a few months or years down the line, the admissions of shortcomings starting: “great saw but the fence was always awful...”. So even if bits are missing, I see that as an opportunity to go directly to the parts that you want.

Given your location, the Scheppach ts2500 could be worth a cheeky bid... and if you don’t need the sliding table, I’ll buy that bit from you😉

Yes I have been considering that Scheppach, it looks like it needs a bit of a clean up. I'd probably move the sliding table on too. I'll do some deep thinking today 😄

I also like the look of that Kity 619 and it's not too far from me, though I assume it will probably go for around the £800 mark so the Scheppach could be better value with a cheeky bid.

Back